Super Adjustable (Black Beauty) Restoration?

~Spyne~

Hey all, haven't really been around here for a while but now I need someone's help.
I've been using a BB for a few years now and love it, but this past week the TTO mech has died - it will open and close (just) but will not lock, there is absolutely no movement to get that last 1/4 turn.
The razor is maintained with a hot, soapy water soak and scrub (soft toothbrush) every few weeks and then s vinegar/hot water soak every 6-9 months. Even a drop or two of lube oil (like you get with electric razors) every year or thereabouts.
But none of that seems to be working right now. It's currently been soaking in a vinegar/water bath for a few hours and there's still 100% resistance stopping that final 1/4 turn.

Any thoughts, help?
Someone experienced/willing to pull it apart, clean and reassemble for me?

Sounds like the spring just beyond the cap internal would not know for sure till pulled apart

Last edited by a moderator:
Short handle is easy the long handle is the tricky one because of the location of the cap in the handle being so deeply recessed

yep, i have a long handle :(
thanks maxime, did watch that one this morning actually but he hasnt put a reassembly one up yet, commenting at the end that he's not sure how easy that would be...

luckily i have an old travel tech to use in the meantime...i also have a Muhle R89 (rose gold) but for the life of me can't find it since moving house :(
Might keep an eye on the 'bay for any black beauties at a reasonable price.

Never found it an issue if you have the right tools it's the long handle that's the issue.

Just as anote if you were trying to clean a long handle internally then you can if you know how as I have done clean it from the top to flush it of any gunk

Last edited:
Also, when you'll re-tighten the stopper (That is if you decide to disassemble the razor) be gentle with the end of the shaft as it could snap if you go too rough.

That is what I keep telling SWWISBF :)

9524466.jpg