SYD Sydney Meetup - Saturday 11th February - 2pm - 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
where in the pub are we meeting? I know no one @todras

I don't know any of them myself, well that is to say I have not met them in person.

I have no idea to be honest where we are meeting specifically in the pub.. @Snooze may be able to help you there, probably upstairs and definitely somewhere that is air-conditioned to all buggery. That's me in the avatar picture if it is any help, look for a largish bloke with a large clear plastic container talking to other like minded types...ill be in a t-shirt and shorts. From what I understand, the pub should be reasonably quiet around 2pm ish so it should not be too hard to find us.

Just follow your nose.
The best smelling clean shaven fellas are what you're seeking ;)

I sent you my number by PM, if you get stuck locating us give me a shout :)

I will try and get there a bit early and secure a table - there is a large table in a quiet area on the ground floor that would be great if no one beats us to it!

It's a small pub so shouldn't be too hard to find everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be a little late as I need to drop my wife at concord at 2. But will be straight over.

I will try and get there a bit early and secure a table - there is a large table in a quiet area on the ground floor that would be great if no one beats us to it!

It's a small pub so shouldn't be too hard to find everyone :)

I'll be there around 1. I'll have a roosters grey back pack

Hope it goes well guys !

Okay, on the chopping block from me today:
  • @Barrister & Mann Night Music. Soap & Splash, barely used. Asking $35 both.
  • Soap Commander Courage. About 10 uses, massive amount left. Asking $15.
  • Soap Commander Vision. About 5-6 uses, asking $15.
  • Rapira Blades. Multiple tucks (100 blades). $10/tuck.
  • Older pre-Energiser German Schicks. $20/pillar.
  • Full tuck of Gillette Maltesers (Dark Platinums). $20 with loose packs available.
  • Loose 7OC Greens and Yellows - Will give you a deal.
  • Some lower quality Indian Gillettes (365's and others). Good for the wife's legs. Will cut you a very good deal on these.
  • Various other tucks & partial pillars - Gillette, Personna reds, Goals. Again, will cut you a great deal.
  • Various Alpa Colognes. Really nice yet cheap. Again, want to spead these out at roughly what they cost me. $5/bottle.

A great time was had by all today, with @borked @SydBJW @Monsta_AU @the_shaving_sailor @filobiblic @Snooze @Rami and myself.

We seconded an area of a local drinking establishment, despite the heat outside the temperature inside was more than conducive to
talk shaving, sample soaps and splashes and to get our hands on @Tony Forsyth LE P&C Brushes.

w7nia7U.jpg

a nice selection of straights

t2048mH.jpg

Plenty of Soaps!

p8a1j6Z.jpg

Bulk blades

RYZs0Pp.jpg

the unveiling of the LE P&C Platypus, a 30mm to the left and a 26mm bulb on the right

pOOsELh.jpg

Some fantastic kit was on show, these pieces are both the property of @Snooze who also brought along a fine example of a toggle.

UIaC2ra.jpg

Some schmuck with his aftershave...
vLMGa5o.jpg

Without mentioning any names, a fair few Polsilvers changed hands too...

I had a great time, it was an absolute pleasure meeting all of you and I look forward to doing it again next month :)

Well done guys - looks like a great event.

So what is the date for the next one?

A really enjoyable afternoon at the Sydney meet-up - thanks @todras for organising and bringing along your fabulous fragrance line-up. Was great to smell the scents I have read about and havent yet tried.
Great to meet everyone who came along - some interesting soaps were passed around and the Platypus LE brush was unveiled- a credit to @Tony Forsyth and everyone else involved. Im sure some nice pics will make their appearance in SOTD over next few days!
All-in-all a wonderful afternoon of wet shaving catch up.
Looking forward to the next one :jimlad:

Thanks @todras and @Snooze for organising this meet! :)relax:) @todras your aftershaves are the bomb!!! :bigfan:
It was definitely a highlight to meet those I hadn't previously met.

If we pin down and date early then perhaps @Mark1966 could attempt to join in... (He's a good one and worth a beer or two.)

Mighty huge thanks to an unbelievable workmanship with the brushes @Tony Forsyth -and that packaging!!! What an effort! All were blown away with the quality and final result. :superb:

(And lastly a HUGE thanks to @Monsta_AU who drove BACK home in the heat to pick up the parcel of P&C brushes that he FORGOT to bring... )

Status
Not open for further replies.