SYD Sydney Meetup - Saturday March 18th - 1.30pm - 3.30pm

Who knows? I failed English in my HSC - so I claim to be functionally illiterate. Although this really ^$#$$%#^$^$ off my wife, an English teacher, every time I do ..

Post edited for clarity - thanks mate
I have no idea myself lol... good with numbers, ok with grammar.

Now grab that glass of water mate and chug those green ones down :)

Did you want me to bring Melanie to the meet up so you can say hi?
(Removal of meaningless verbiage). Ok Took the purples with red stripes and some yellows with blue spots - most definitely bring both Melanie the collection and Melanie the wife up. One of them can meet me over the phone. :)

MvRiFU1.png

He won't be there in person, but he may make an appearance...

As if this meetup could not get any bigger, we are planning something very different for this gathering!

I won't say too much at this stage, but it is quite cool and will be lot's of fun. For a hint look at my last message ;)

Only a couple of days to go now!

Really looking forward to catching up with everyone and seeing what everyone picked up in the last month or so. I was thinking earlier today of how much I am looking forward to the weekend and talking shaving person to person for a change. the last meetup was a very casual, very relaxed affair with a couple of beers and a good few hours talking, smelling soaps and splashes and having a grand old time.

I will have all 4 soaps and Aftershaves on sale at the meetup, soaps are $30 a tub and splash is $35. We didn't have NSW gatherings organised for the last couple of APR releases so this will definitely remedy that.

In case anyone missed it, we have reserved the upstairs function room due to the volume of soaps, hardware and 'kit' that was brought along for the last meet-up.... for anyone new to the venue, head inside the pub, straight to the back of the joint and up the staircase, you can't miss us!

Details on the venue location, public transport and the meetup time (1.30pm to 3.30pm) are on page 1, everyone is more than welcome. The pub itself has a cracking lunch menu too ;)

Newbie floating in here for the meet up tomorrow and pub lunch.
Unsure if I should bring my modern DEs as I'd expect you have already handled a few in the last couple of years eg PAA Prismatic, PAA satin DOC, PAA Bakelite, Merkur etc and couple of the cheap and cheerful chinese DEs that flood the ebay markets. Bought the later to look at design versus cost and function.
Let me know what interests you and can bring them along?

My want is to see a few old gillettes and especially vintage & modern adjustables and take photos of them if possible?
Also to get a sense of some soaps and aftershaves.

Also have B&M Classic reserve (100ml) to trade or barter, brand new and one splash used. My girl hates (strongly dislikes) the smell so up for grabs.
RRP is $32 and image here. If no takers will put it up in the Buy/Sell forum early next week.

https://goo.gl/5J8ZbL

I will have all 4 soaps and Aftershaves on sale at the meetup, soaps are $30 a tub and splash is $35. We didn't have NSW gatherings organised for the last couple of APR releases so this will definitely remedy that.

Also have B&M Classic reserve (100ml) to trade or barter, brand new and one splash used. My girl hates (strongly dislikes) the smell so up for grabs.
RRP is $32 and image here. If no takers will put it up in the Buy/Sell forum early next week.

My understanding is that the official currency of Sydney meet ups is the Polsilver ($POL) and all trade and sale prices must be denominated in $POL - is that still the case @Monsta_AU?

Now @borked may know better but when I lasted checked, the exchange rate was hovering around $AUD 1:00 = $POL 3.45465 - is that still the case?

I'm just asking as I have a few things to bring to trade too :)

My partner doesn't know where I'm going or whom I'm meeting.
Would be an interesting time tomorrow night when I get home to explain why I smell like I've kissed a thousand girls, mildly unsober and pockets full of polsilver.

All the APR will be cash only, I have drawers full of blades, soaps and kit :)

Well that will mean a role for the money changers then, hmmm, might have to work that exchange rate margin a little .... ;)

'cash only' - so no AMEX? :)

I was hoping for a round the world trip on the points from my APR purchases :LOL:

:D

No Amex and definitely no polsilvers!

Gee whiz, you are a tough and cranky negotiator on a Friday afternoon! No long lunch for you today?

Maybe I will try again tomorrow and see if you are more amenable to reasonable offer on the weekends :)

My understanding is that the official currency of Sydney meet ups is the Polsilver ($POL) and all trade and sale prices must be denominated in $POL - is that still the case @Monsta_AU?

Now @borked may know better but when I lasted checked, the exchange rate was hovering around $AUD 1:00 = $POL 3.45465 - is that still the case?

I'm just asking as I have a few things to bring to trade too :)
Modern or vintage (and which vintage)?
Brown or Si?

With persistent speculation at the cessation of production entirely, modern have increased in value per unit.

Thank you gentlemen for the warm welcome and fantastic advice I received today! Great bunch of blokes with colour and candour.
Think my nose has lost its direction of smell and was overwhelmed by the number, diversity and characters of scents in our den.
Loved it and also the gifts & samples I received. Until next time.
Happy to say the B&M splash offered for trade has a new home too.

Great meet-up today guys!

Private room was better than being in the general traffic flow last time!
Terrific to get to try all of @todras new scents before the launch tonight. They are crackers - well done Todras and @Sxot!
Amazing collection of Vintage Gillette razors from @Mark1966 - this incredible collection was worth the price of admission alone - thank you Mark for making the trip from Canberra.
Con @shavetheman also turned up so it was a very entertaining afternoon with the Sydney crew enjoying a pleasant afternoon at the Riverview, swapping, sniffing and chatting all things wet shaving and beyond.
Thanks @Monsta_AU for the vintage blades and other goodies. Welcome to @RustyBlade and welcome back to @the_shaving_sailor, @filobiblic ,@borked, @Rami and @SydBJW

I confess I purchased some vintage blades from Mark and @todras ' new soap/splash...so there goes the sabbatical :( Was fun while it lasted (actually it wasn't :ROFLMAO:)

Already looking forward to the next one...