SYD Sydney Special Meetup - 28 August 12-2pm @Katoomba

Oh and a belated PS to acknowledge the State convener for his participation in organising this, whoever that is... ;)

:ROFLMAO: Only good thing is that I work across the other side of Adelaide. Took me 25 minutes to get to work in unusually heavy traffic this morning. :D

When the best thing about a town it's it's lack of traffic, it's really saying something.

There are other things that make it great. Unfortunately we miss out on a lot of events, concerts etc.

Great place to live though. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

You forgot the shave meets ;). Tbh traffic is a killer here in Sydney. If I could work anywhere else I would have moved.

:ROFLMAO: Only good thing is that I work across the other side of Adelaide. Took me 25 minutes to get to work in unusually heavy traffic this morning. :D

Yeah, you reckon? I was over there recently and the traffic was terrible! Maybe I've lived in CBR too long but it is getting bad in ADL, although nowhere near ...

You forgot the shave meets ;). Tbh traffic is a killer here in Sydney. If I could work anywhere else I would have moved.

... SYD, which you only realise how bad it TRULY is when you move away!

There are other things that make it great. Unfortunately we miss out on a lot of events, concerts etc.

Great place to live though. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

We get all the events here in CBR - including lots of exhibitions at the NGA as well as a plethora of 'free' activities in national institutions!

Why would you live anywhere else???

Why would you live anywhere else???

Mark, you forgot all the pollies mate. On the very few occasions we went to Canberra we were bored out of our minds.

Sorry.

More pictures please!

Certainly the calibre of the meet up cements NSW as the premier wet-shaving state and indeed affords the wet-shavers the same distinction...

If you couldn't make it to Katoomba yesterday you missed out on a fantastic afternoon.The spirit of friendship and generosity was awesome,with particular thanks to Con and Kim who generously put on a memorable afternoon,complete with food, drinks,door prizes and sample bags,Charky who gave away soaps, all those who who started the ball rolling , SydBJW who gave me 2 almost full soap pucks,Philoblic who gave me some aftershave to review he ball rolling and getting us all moving and all other "usual suspects" who made a great day by their presence.
Con advised more meets in the future, with additional venues to enable other forum members to attend.
It was great to meet Charky after seeing his videos so often,I am advised he may be returning in the future.
Remember also The Stray Whisker has a stall at Grand View markets, Grand View Hotel, Wentworth Fall severy second Sunday of the month,a good excuse for an outing and to see products first hand,and if possible to pick up orders.

Mark, you forgot all the pollies mate. On the very few occasions we went to Canberra we were bored out of our minds.

Sorry.

The pollies don't live here - they jsut come to work here for a few weeks of the year!

If you were bored in CBR you needed a local to show you all the sights (and then but you a coffee at morning tea before you drive home ....)

But coffee, another reason to not visit... and I don't even drink the stuff!

I can see it now - the battle of the Moderators @Mark1966 vs @Drubbing . One happy clapping furiously while he chants to his invisible friend in the sky and the other playing Guns and Roses at 11 while playing air guitar. :) Australia could explode!!!
But @Drubbing would be wearing headphones so no one would no how much noise he was making