SYD Sydney Special Meetup - 28 August 12-2pm @Katoomba

Working on a couple of meet-ups at the moment.....one will definitely be Sydney based.

Having a meet-up in Sydney would be great, the last 'Sydney' meet up was in the Blue Mountains which is almost 3 hours away from me.

Hey @stillshunter - round up the troops!

My wife and I have to visit the National Gallery as part of her curatorial work sometime in the new year, if it lines up you may even see me in the ACT, General.

My wife and I have to visit the National Gallery as part of her curatorial work sometime in the new year, if it lines up you may even see me in the ACT, General.

She will also NEED to visit the 'National Gillette Museum' and possibly provide some curatorial advice?

Having a meet-up in Sydney would be great, the last 'Sydney' meet up was in the Blue Mountains which is almost 3 hours away from me.

What you complaining about... it was 1700km away from me and 3800 away from our most distant member!

She will also NEED to visit the 'National Gillette Museum' and possibly provide some curatorial advice?

General, that is indeed a possibility. When I showed her the pictorial collection she was truly astounded that someone would collect and curate such objects. I then explained that it had taken decades and pointed out the rarity of some of the items, she thought about it briefly and described the objects using "museum talk", paused and looked at me and said...

"You promise me that you won't end up like that with all those old razors, getting involved with these shaving people"

:LOL:

General, that is indeed a possibility. When I showed her the pictorial collection she was truly astounded that someone would collect and curate such objects. I then explained that it had taken decades and pointed out the rarity of some of the items, she thought about it briefly and described the objects using "museum talk", paused and looked at me and said...

"You promise me that you won't end up like that with all those old razors, getting involved with these shaving people"

:LOL:

I think 'At least I'm not like that ...' is a phrase often used about me it seems. I offer a great service to wet shaving husbands across this country :)

I do need to correct you though, I started collecting in 2010 and was just about done by the end of 2013 - it was getting too hard and too expensive to realistically do from Australia by then. When you are limited to online sites and competing with cash up Yanks it is hard work!

On second thoughts you might need to keep here away. The collection is not in what I would describe as appropriate museum storage conditions.

@Mark1966 is about time you've got you're Grand Society banner, I wonder why it taken soooooo long ;) make sure you get @Monsta_AU a bottle of Scotch first class Whisky would be nice to keep him happy ;)

<- I do, see :)

I was in the 'naughty' corner for a while but the second 1k+ purchase got me out of there (y)

On second thoughts you might need to keep here away. The collection is not in what I would describe as appropriate museum storage conditions.

By that you mean your "conservation" and "preservation" conditions may not be adequate respectively (to use the lingo). My original post here was in jest too, I would love to line up meeting you and taking a look at your superb collection. I presumed you had been at it for decades given the extent of your items, I stand corrected - rather it's a case of you being incredibly efficient in your accrual of objects :)

<- I do, see :)

I was in the 'naughty' corner for a while but the second 1k+ purchase got me out of there (y)
My friend,
We all know you're playing this game at an advanced level, so @Monsta_AU obviously required you to level up and make it vintage blades only to unlock that achievement ;)