Synergy shave soap

Adam

Howdy all. I'm about to buy a 5 inch puck of the synergy shave soap. I've watched and read a few reviews online and this stuff seems to get amazing feedback. Most yanks have it in there top 3 so expecting it to be pretty decent.
I have found it on ebay for about 25 + postage so just need to decide what scent. Have any of you lads had any experience with this stuff? I'll post a review once I get it.

Never heard of it personally but then I've done the whole 'try every soap going round' thing and ended up with enough stuff I like to not have to buy anything for years. It's sad. I look with envy at the monthly acquisitions thread and just wished I could post something meaningful instead of mealy mouthed. jealous jibes at those lucky bastards still hanging out for the postie to drop stuff off. I've become bitter.

Oh and good luck with the Synergy. Here in WA, Synergy is who we pay our monthly electricity bill to.

Howdy all. I'm about to buy a 5 inch puck of the synergy shave soap. I've watched and read a few reviews online and this stuff seems to get amazing feedback. Most yanks have it in there top 3 so expecting it to be pretty decent.
I have found it on ebay for about 25 + postage so just need to decide what scent. Have any of you lads had any experience with this stuff? I'll post a review once I get it.
Hey mate- I've got some.

Synergy soap = HTGAM = PPF

Note there is version 1.0 (hard puck) and 2.0 (soft style).

The 5 inch puck is terrific. What a great idea!
It lathers really well and the scents are great. I have Gondolier and Meta-Nectar. All are meant to be great. I think @Stillhunter has the Cavendish.

A word of advice- hunt around for a bargain on this soap. Maggards (USA) for instance are selling it at 10% off at the moment. (Here in Oz you can buy it from KineticBlue from memory for $25.) It's cheaper from the States AND everyone is selling theirs at the moment.

The reason is that just this week it's come to light that HTGAM is actually also PPF. The same guy does both. That's not anything special, but he also has done a lot of dodgey "marketing" (fake reviews, self reviews, started fights between other vendors). He also has lied about his ingredients and more. "Douglas Smythe" is a fake name and personality.

It has caused such a furore that Maggards are ditching their ENTIRE stock of his. Other vendors (like Italian Barber) are considering it also. There is heaps of pressure on others to follow. In fact, the HTGAM webstore is offline and you can't buy it direct anymore.

It's also claimed (but not yet substantiated) that his original soaps are fancy melt & pours being sold as pure artisan. It's not confirmed and they are good soaps from what I've experienced. I do think the 5 inch size is a winner. But you can buy that sized tin from elsewhere - eg Stirling.

NOTE: If you buy from Maggards their own soaps are well regarded. They also have heaps of samples to choose from. Postage is the killer but if you get a whole bunch of stuff it all works out ok per item.

~~~~~~~
HTGAM: How to Grow a Moustache
PPF: Petal Pusher Fancies

Have to cut a good margin somehow in today's cut throat business environment

Had HTGAM Cavendish and was one of my best performing soaps. Highly recommended no matter what a douche bag Douglas Smythe (Mr. HTGAM/PPF) might be.

Bundled it into a handful of software to sweeten the deal YKW and it worked a treat all sold within minutes….though I do miss it a ton.

Heads up that it's no longer HTGAM....

Now it's...

...wait for it......

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements

Boy, this guy really knows how to give the two finger salute to his detractors... But if what he's done in the past is true then it's bloody cheeky of the rogue.

American soap dramas- I tell you...

I got the bay rum last Sunday. Well I should say ordered it last Sunday. According to aus post tracking it has been sitting in Vic dc for 5 days....
I actually can't wait to try it. Despite reading the above forum for hours, it still gets amazing reviews and is considered by many to be one of the best.

I got the bay rum last Sunday. Well I should say ordered it last Sunday. According to aus post tracking it has been sitting in Vic dc for 5 days....
I actually can't wait to try it. Despite reading the above forum for hours, it still gets amazing reviews and is considered by many to be one of the best.
Yeah, I really think he makes a good product. But he's a real show pony...

I was watching a video of him on YouTube the other day. He was sitting in a home outdoor pool, fully clothed and reviewing his own product. Quite odd to say the least.

Kind of reminds me of when Samsung were paying people to do online reviews of the galaxy s4 phone and give it higher ratings over the HTC competitor.

I was watching a video of him on YouTube the other day. He was sitting in a home outdoor pool, fully clothed and reviewing his own product. Quite odd to say the least.

Kind of reminds me of when Samsung were paying people to do online reviews of the galaxy s4 phone and give it higher ratings over the HTC competitor.
Anything to make a buck or two...

I will never buy something from this guy again, having said that: I have a tin of the beach - which I bought because I wanted to try a RazoRock soap and didn't know they were different - and the scent is very addictive for me. Every time I use, the smell stays in the brush for days and it is really hard not to use it again and again...

I will never buy something from this guy again, having said that: I have a tin of the beach - which I bought because I wanted to try a RazoRock soap and didn't know they were different - and the scent is very addictive for me. Every time I use, the smell stays in the brush for days and it is really hard not to use it again and again...
I've heard this from a few folks who've used the beach. Look I'm prepared to help, send the offending tub my way and I'll be sure the tyranny of Douglas Smythe over your life will come to an end. I know, I know, it's the least I can do, and I am P&C's resident Giver after all so I am accustomed to it my friend.

I just tried it out. My puck was waiting for me when I came in this morning. Very strong Herby spices smell, I can smell it in my car now after transporting it home hours ago. I don't love the smell but it's not bad at the same time.
The shave was great, I haven't had a lather with the slickness of this before. In saying that I have made 3 lathers already :/ first was a trial hand lather as soon as I got home. It was amazingly thick and slick. Then I decided I was going to have a shave with it, so lathered up in a bowl. I realised I probably put too much water in it although it was really thick and creamy it lost alot of the slickness so I started again straight in to a face lather.

I just tried it out. My puck was waiting for me when I came in this morning. Very strong Herby spices smell, I can smell it in my car now after transporting it home hours ago. I don't love the smell but it's not bad at the same time.
The shave was great, I haven't had a lather with the slickness of this before. In saying that I have made 3 lathers already :/ first was a trial hand lather as soon as I got home. It was amazingly thick and slick. Then I decided I was going to have a shave with it, so lathered up in a bowl. I realised I probably put too much water in it although it was really thick and creamy it lost alot of the slickness so I started again straight in to a face lather.
Great to hear you've enjoyed the lather!
What scent was it you got?