Tabac Cream

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
I managed to find a tube of Tabac in a local chemist. And here in WA you've got to grab what you can where you can. So, it being not the usual Faulding or Mennen/Palmolive, I grabbed it. Although the Tabac stick and soap puck are highly regarded by many, nobody seems to talk about Tabac cream. Has anybody here any experience with it? What am I in for. Also, I thought Tabac was a tallow based product but there doesn't appear to be any in this one.

Last edited:
Great scent (I love Tabac scent,reminds me of my father when I was a child and he used to wear the cologne) but poor skin care properties.Leaves my skin dry as the Sahara desert.
Irish Moos shaving cream has a different formulation and better skin care.

I managed to find a tube of Tabac in a local chemist. And here in WA you've got to grab what you can where you can. So, it being not the usual Faulding or Mennen/Palmolive, I grabbed it. Although the Tabac stick and soap puck are highly regarded by many, nobody seems to talk about Tabac cream. Has anybody here any experience with it? What am I in for. Also, I thought Tabac was a tallow based product but there doesn't appear to be any in this one.

Funny you should mention this; I have seen it in three chemists now.

I just don't like the scent - I know people regard it highly but doesn't do it for me.

I don't mind the scent actually. It's got memories. Do all Tabac products have the same sort of scent? I remember having Tabac deodorant a long time ago. This rings bells.

Last edited:
All the Tabac stuff is very close in scent. The colognes are most floral IMO. I really like the soap and AS.

The cream doesn't get much love in comparison to the soap. Possibly because of the tallow absence. Let us know how you go with it.

I used it just once and I think it's up there with Proraso in terms of it's lathering characteristics and I really like the scent. No, it doesn't seem to lather like a full blown tallow based soap so I'm assuming, in the absence of any ingredients list on the tube and based on the general consensus, that it isn't. Unlike any other soap/cream I've used so far the scent actually gets stronger as you're lathering away so if you don't like it to start with you'll end up putting it on your 'to give away' list. I think it got better. Nothing wrong with this stuff!

Just dug the Tabac cream out again and it's my go to summer stuff I've decided. Love the scent. Like most creams pretty powerful but in this case really refreshing. Great lather too.