Tabac

JugV2

Simply boring.
I was in a chemist today to buy a styptic pencil and they had Tabac testers on the shelf.

I gave it a try an I didn't like the scent.

It reminded me of a scent I can't quite recall from my childhood - I remember it being a scent that either my dad or grandfather wore, something similar to it anyway.

So I popped some on as I had shaved not long before and it did last most of the day but it isn't for me. I think I need something a bit fresher and perhaps more depth.

Many are called to Tabac but few are chosen...

My Dad wore it for a while in the 70s. The only reason I know is because the bottle was so distinctive. He had other stuff, probably all 'good' working AS, but I can't remember any of them.

I like it. It's about as floral as I'll go in an AS. The cologne is very similar, but more powdery I think. And better suited to winter too.

I wouldn't let it put you off the soap. Similar scent, but soaps don't last long. The performance is worth it though.

I hear ya. The scent has put me of hte idea of trying Tabac for now though - I have a lot of other stuff to test first.

Jugs, I think you should grab an Alt Innsbruck sampler from shaving.ie on your next order. I would never normally go for a 'Tobacco' driven scent, but this is old-school and has a pleasing upper note, somewhat floral. The meat of it is Tobacco and Menthol with some spicy undertones.... rather peppery.

Masculine, but without the Tabac heaviness. The Pre/Post has a touch of alcohol but very good and soothing stuff. Little oily too for my liking but that might help for Pre-shave use.

Ok, I'll give it a go. It sounds nice enough.

Not sure when I plan to order next from them, as I got my Jermyn tub today.

Who am I kidding...probably sooner than later.