Talk me out of a monster!

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Guys,
I’ve been looking at a Seiko monster to satify my desire for a diver, I’ve listed about $500 worth of knives for sale so I’m gonna pull the trigger on a diver but am I missing something else excellent in this price bracket.

OEoZbkv.jpg

Turtle or sumo are very popular.

@Ferret619 if you buy it via the forum does it count as a sabbatical fail?? I think we need @Mark1966 to decide....
It’s not shaving related so it’s all good, actually you guys would be proud/disgusted in me, I found a full 60s grooming set with a ball end tech at Vinnies for $15 and left it there, you know for glory:rolleyes:
Might buy it as a gift for a pal who likes that sort of thing now that I think about it.
Further more marks desire to see me fail is well documented, in instances I can make up as required

Which Vinnies might that be? you know purely out of interest
Mitchell, actually they have had some cool stuff lately, they also had a random little parlour guitar for $8 with a high action but easily fixed and another Dopp kit with a aluminium tech, though the head looked a lil rough and being zamack I wasn’t gonna risk my sebbatical over it.
I also picked up a vintage lorus watch there for $6 with its original box.

Guys,
I’ve been looking at a Seiko monster to satify my desire for a diver, I’ve listed about $500 worth of knives for sale so I’m gonna pull the trigger on a diver but am I missing something else excellent in this price bracket.

OEoZbkv.jpg
Where they listed :)

Where they listed :)
eBay and Australian Blade forums but I’ll pm you with what I have and if i have something you like I’ll do you a deal ;)

@Ferret619, man I remember abf, haven’t been there at all lately
Love the place but F me some of the random hissy fits over people posting too much or too little are getting old.
We have some makers in Australia that are putting out blades that absolutely flaw me, really beautiful work, infact we have the fortune of having one of those makers here as a member
@Substance of DC blades.
http://www.dcblades.com/custom-made-knives
I came to that site as we share initials and stayed for the craftsmanship ;)
And this sort of work gets over shadowed with people grumbling about how much kizer, WE and Reate there is on the forum..

Love the place but F me some of the random hissy fits over people posting too much or too little are getting old.
We have some makers in Australia that are putting out blades that absolutely flaw me, really beautiful work, infact we have the fortune of having one of those makers here as a member
@Substance of DC blades.
http://www.dcblades.com/custom-made-knives
I came to that site as we share initials and stayed for the craftsmanship ;)
And this sort of work gets over shadowed with people grumbling about how much kizer, WE and Reate there is on the forum..

It’s why I left. I think I got told off for saying good luck "Good Luck" on a bst B/S/T thread. Over modorated moderated.

MOD EDIT: Please be more careful with your posts @Rami. We are watching ... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s why I left. I think I got told off for saying good luck on a bst thread. Over modorated
Lol I did too, in my first week.
It’s an odd place but they seem to be trying to be a little less North Korea lately as people have complained about that.
I love the BST there, I’ve had a few great deals and sold some nice gear to folk.
I actually just sold a GEC #15 there, nice knive just not for me, jigged bone isn’t my thing.
That said it’s a temperamental kinda place, some stuff sells for $10 under retail all day long but then other stuff that has huge discounts just sits there and these are great knives not random crap, I’ve got three spydercos up there and not a nibble..

It’s why I left. I think I got told off for saying good luck "Good Luck" on a bst B/S/T thread. Over modorated moderated.

MOD EDIT: Please be more careful with your posts @Rami. We are watching ... ;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have grabbed a few monsters lately, one 2nd Gen SRP315K2 on a bracelet to put away for later. Also have an SZSC005 'Jade Monster' on order due to arrive in July.

The newest addition (SZSC003) just arrived this week after an eBay "that is too cheap, will have a go at it to bump it up for the bloke" and ended up winning it :eek:
That said, it gained 2s on the first day and then has been basically bang on my PC's clock (NTP synced) ever since. It's had a week or so wear with the first owner, I wore it for 4 days this week. It's a great watch and I love the model but the dial is a little subdued for me. It likely will be sold for what I have into it (less than you'd expect), but I have offered it to Jody over at Just One More Watch for review prior to moving it on since he does not have a Monster reviewed on his channel.

If you want to save some $, I have one that is currently not getting any use. Send me an offer.
Which model? I am looking for a nice 309 or 313 to wear.

@Monsta_AU l wouldn’t mind taking that off your hands, if you like. Wanted to try one.

Talk you out of a Monster!? Certainly not!

I am on the lookout for a beaten but functional orange one at a low price for a project. I won't insult @Turtle with the sort offer I need to make given how wrong what I am planning could go...