Thater Premium Boar :(

If I consider moving on in another way your thoughts lads

Ok what to do. Now stop thinking with my heart and think with my head. What advice or opinions can you lads give, am I to forgo the expense of postage to & return the brush costing US$25.00 which is a loss even with a full refund or live with it and can anyone suggest how I might clean up the glue issue myself.
I think there are a some who have had experience first hand in making brushes here.

All feedback ahead or replies will be very much appreciated by me. Cheers.

PS I might add I have myself made 3 brushes and some re knots but never come to a result in a way this brush has ended

If I consider moving on in another way your thoughts lads

Ok what to do. Now stop thinking with my heart and think with my head. What advice or opinions can you lads give, am I to forgo the expense of postage to & return the brush costing US$25.00 which is a loss even with a full refund or live with it and can anyone suggest how I might clean up the glue issue myself.
I think there are a some who have had experience first hand in making brushes here.

All feedback ahead or replies will be very much appreciated by me. Cheers.

PS I might add I have myself made 3 brushes and some re knots but never come to a result in a way this brush has ended
Paging @Tony Forsyth to the front desk please.....

I'm hoping Thater will be supportive and just send you a new brush directly as the most cost effective solution to the problem and all be happy.
If not I'd too would follow @UKSteve's in this instance.

I'm hoping Thater will be supportive and just send you a new brush directly as the most cost effective solution to the problem and all be happy.
If not I'd too would follow @UKSteve's in this instance.
Unfortunately I've been told that's not happening only to return at my expense and cop it get just a full refund on the brush. So I Ioose the brush and pay for the privilege apprx A$35.00 to return with signature

Unfortunately, I've had to do this twice before, with Simpsons. Two shedding brushes, which they were happy to replace, and upgrade my exchange at no cost, but postage both ways on me.

This is another reason why I'm done with Badgers and only using Synths. Reading above Thater's high cost, like Simpsons, is in the hand making process, those costs will be similar with a boar, even though the materials cost less. With hand making you should expect an even higher level of QC than machinery, because nice and olde worlde and craftsmanshippy as making things is, people suck at it compared to machines.

Unfortunately, I've had to do this twice before, with Simpsons. Two shedding brushes, which they were happy to replace, and upgrade my exchange at no cost, but postage both ways on me.

This is another reason why I'm done with Badgers and only using Synths. Reading above Thater's high cost, like Simpsons, is in the hand making process, those costs will be similar with a boar, even though the materials cost less. With hand making you should expect an even higher level of QC than machinery, because nice and olde worlde and craftsmanshippy as making things is, people suck at it compared to machines.

Interesting the issue you had similar to mine and you got stung postage both ways mmmmmmmmmmmmmm not impressed

Unfortunately it is the cost of buying online and even more so, when you buy from a store abroad.

Unfortunately it is the cost of buying online and even more so, when you buy from a store abroad.

@alfredus agreed with you and it is a risk.
I'm not having a go at you or others on this topic so don't take what I'm saying personally as more informative.

So we live in a global economy, fortunately without borders. This is a premium product and therefore a customer expects more regardless if purchased in Australia or overseas. That is factored into their pricing by the vendor. If I purchased a cheaper brush where the quality control was low we would wear it.
Seriously the vendor should work this out knowing full well their product is a global one.
It's not a car, computer or piece of furniture it is $10 USD worth of material and the quality control or in their terms the 'manual input' into creating something inhouse.
Clearly they messed this one up and should be addressed without extra cost to the consumer.
If it is not resolved by Thater for free I'd sing from the highest high hill about it. Becaused I would be so furious.

When I was in vendor land the retailer at each quarter would present a list of customer returns and we would approve them by giving a full rebate/refund.
So in Bullgoose's defence they would be out of pocket on the shipping. Not the cost price.
For Thater who still has the sale with Bullgoose in play plus profit can easily afford a replacement brush sent directly to the consumer and everyone wins and a very low hit to the vendors bottom line.

Totally in @Drubbing's camp here.
In Simpsons case where they deal direct a hair fallout issue is a known and should be considered by them in their cost factors as it ain't a 10 buck brush to the consumer. So making you cough up shipping is a raw deal and a deal breaker for most. At least they offered an upgrade.

On a side issue don't get me started on the badger welfare issue either and the bullshit costs we as consumers pay for it.

That is factored into their pricing by the vendor. If I purchased a cheaper brush where the quality control was low we would wear it.
Seriously the vendor should work this out knowing full well their product is a global one.
It's not a car, computer or piece of furniture it is $10 USD worth of material and the quality control or in their terms the 'manual input' into creating something inhouse.

Thing is, with boar, you don't need much QC, it's easy material to work with. I've lost count of how many Omegas I bought and every one was inexpensive and without flaw. The only thing that made some of them dirt cheap ($8) was plastic handles. This is why this is bad. It should never have left the factory. Yes, they hand make them, but that simply means more wastage through human error, and having the processes to pick it up.

Send products like out by all means, but don't ask people to pay more than $20 for it.

Well I'll wait see if I get a reply from Thater themselves and see what they say & lastly I'll seek and speak with my son also an avid Wet Shaver very knowledgeable to whom I will seek advice from also. He is a member on here also.

I'm not having a go at you or others on this topic so don't take what I'm saying personally as more informative.

So we live in a global economy, fortunately without borders. This is a premium product and therefore a customer expects more regardless if purchased in Australia or overseas. That is factored into their pricing by the vendor. If I purchased a cheaper brush where the quality control was low we would wear it.
Clearly they messed this one up and should be addressed without extra cost to the consumer.
If it is not resolved by Thater for free I'd sing from the highest high hill about it. Becaused I would be so furious.

When I was in vendor land the retailer at each quarter would present a list of customer returns and we would approve them by giving a full rebate/refund.
So in Bullgoose's defence they would be out of pocket on the shipping. Not the cost price.
For Thater who still has the sale with Bullgoose in play plus profit can easily afford a replacement brush sent directly to the consumer and everyone wins and a very low hit to the vendors bottom line.

In Simpsons case where they deal direct a hair fallout issue is a known and should be considered by them in their cost factors as it ain't a 10 buck brush to the consumer. So making you cough up shipping is a raw deal and a deal breaker for most. At least they offered an upgrade.

On a side issue don't get me started on the badger welfare issue either and the bullshit costs we as consumers pay for it.

I agree with you, but there are two issues: the glue bump is not really an issue in terms of fit for use or defect. It just doesn't look perfect and gives the brush more backbone.

I have seen this with many other brushes - some costing way more than this one...

The other issue - I think anyway: our market in Australia is way too small for such a vendor to care.

I have typed pages about this thread and deleted them again - there is just too much going on here...

I think that has already been said and acknowledged. The point being made, is despite it not being faulty - given the inherent pickiness and expectations of the buyer that would buy such a brush at this price, the manufacturer would be well aware of who this was marketed at - and should be providing a perfect visual specimen. That isn't hard with a boar. Omega can do it for 10% of the cost.

Very well said!!

It's a minute "real" cost (materials cost) for thater.

Even for bull goose, they have made at least 40-50% profit on the brush so should cover the return shipping!

Either way, the customer has paid by far the biggest price and should not be made to be in loss.

And as for thater "premium" boar...what a joke! I've had 25 boars from Semogue and not even one was defective or had any issues even after extensive usage.

Semogue has different boar hair grades.

This is unacceptable, as I've not seen this in the cheap end of town of boar brushes.

As for the vendor ...:censored::censored::censored: is probably the best way to approach sharing my ahem colourful views from my personal experience.