That's it. I'm off...

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
To London that is.

Not confirmed yet, but I might be heading there for a week next month. I'd be in North London, just a short ride on the tube from St James' Sq, Bond St etc. I hear there's a few shaving shops there? TR Harris? Whoefitt & Trill? Something like that?

I wouldn't go though. I'm not that sad.

Am i?

Am i?

Jermyn Street (just out the back of Fortnum & Mason, parallel to Piccadilly, tube: Piccadilly Circus, 3-4 mins walk) for most of 'em - DR Harris is just around the corner on St. James's Street (Green Park tube, 5mins walk)

GO!!!!!!!

(I like these large size fonts huh!)

You will not regret it I'm sure. Get yourself shaved in one of those places - will be a lifelong memory!

To think I lived in London for 8 years and only got into DE when I got back to Oz :wacko:

Definitely hit Jermyn St. It's the street for male grooming. Grab yourself a nice shirt in Charles Tyrwhitt while you're there.

To think I lived in London for 8 years and only got into DE when I got back to Oz :wacko:

Definitely hit Jermyn St. It's the street for male grooming. Grab yourself a nice shirt in Charles Tyrwhitt while you're there.

I've got a swag of Tyrwhitt shirts, will probably grab a nice one if I go. Most were my late Dad's. Terrible taste in clothes otherwise - M&S his whole life. The daggy dad stuff.

To London that is.

Not confirmed yet, but I might be heading there for a week next month. I'd be in North London, just a short ride on the tube from St James' Sq, Bond St etc. I hear there's a few shaving shops there? TR Harris? Whoefitt & Trill? Something like that?

Am i?

I honestly don't think you'll find anything that you either haven't got or tried and discarded or have considered already. The prices will be absolutely off the scale I'm sure. I guess it would be fun to walk in to a shaving mecca shop but personally I wouldn't go out of my way. Now a Chelsea match, that would be fantastic. Went there once to see tham play Man U. I'll never forget the sounds, the atmosphere, the contorted raging faces, the really funny songs and Beckham getting booed by the entire stadium every time he touched the ball because he got sent off in a World Cup quarter final 8 months previously. It was unreal.

Last edited:
Worth going into one of them and paying to be shaved. They usually do it with a straight in most cases, and a proper one too, not a shitty shavette. Trumpers definitely still do this.

I honestly don't think you'll find anything that you either haven't got or tried and discarded or have considered already. The prices will be absolutely off the scale I'm sure. I guess it would be fun to walk in to a shaving mecca shop but personally I wouldn't go out of my way. Now a Chelsea match, that would be fantastic. Went there once to see tham play Man U. I'll never forget the sounds, the atmosphere, the contorted raging faces, the really funny songs and Beckham getting booed by the entire stadium every time he touched the ball because he got sent off in a World Cup quarter final 8 months previously. It was unreal.

You're quite right. although:

You really think the missus would let me loose in London without being in that neck of the woods anyway, to get her something extravagant and overpriced, probably costing more than the airfare?

I'd be 15 minutes away, so why not? tbh, I haven't tried much T&H, but what I have is good. Local prices there aren't bad, still cheaper than here. I was going to get the T&H sample pack online to try a couple of smellies and creams, but little point if I get to go. Plus Tyrwhitt and a couple of other places I'd like to check out are all around there.

Don't know if I'd bother with a shave. Pretty much something they'd do for the tourists, I doubt the experience is worth $60. B&Bers have had pretty ordinary experiences at high end barbers. mantic went to Vegas and they would only use a Mach3 there. But you know how the yanks are...

Chelsea Man U? Been there did that in '83. My last game of soccer, having grown up in Manchester and west London. Barely got inside the ground without getting punched out and spat on. Had my scarf nicked and punched in the guts for it. Saw the police notices on the way in - 'Fatal stabbing here last week, call if you saw something' Because clearly the 20,000 police who mind soccer games, didn't.

Saw all the scarves burning down the other end of the ground at half time.

Chants to opposition supporters were quaint - "you're going home in a fuckin ambulance."

Got chased all the way to the train station by 40 blokes as the police watched on. Obviously they weren't worried as they didn't see any knives.

Top day out.

You're quite right. although:

You really think the missus would let me loose in London without being in that neck of the woods anyway, to get her something extravagant and overpriced, probably costing more than the airfare?

I'd be 15 minutes away, so why not? tbh, I haven't tried much T&H, but what I have is good. Local prices there aren't bad, still cheaper than here. I was going to get the T&H sample pack online to try a couple of smellies and creams, but little point if I get to go. Plus Tyrwhitt and a couple of other places I'd like to check out are all around there.

Don't know if I'd bother with a shave. Pretty much something they'd do for the tourists, I doubt the experience is worth $60. B&Bers have had pretty ordinary experiences at high end barbers. mantic went to Vegas and they would only use a Mach3 there. But you know how the yanks are...

Chelsea Man U? Been there did that in '83. My last game of soccer, having grown up in Manchester and west London. Barely got inside the ground without getting punched out and spat on. Had my scarf nicked and punched in the guts for it. Saw the police notices on the way in - 'Fatal stabbing here last week, call if you saw something' Because clearly the 20,000 police who mind soccer games, didn't.

Saw all the scarves burning down the other end of the ground at half time.

Chants to opposition supporters were quaint - "you're going home in a fuckin ambulance."

Got chased all the way to the train station by 40 blokes as the police watched on. Obviously they weren't worried as they didn't see any knives.

Top day out.

What in the f.... were you doing wearing a Mun U scarf at Stamford Bridge? I went courtesy of my wife's brother in law who's a member so we weren't sitting with all the plebs. He at the time lived almost in the stadium with one of the light tower poles in his front lawn. Even he, walking in and out through the members gates, would hide his 30yr old Chelsea scarf. It is ugly. Particularly the knee deep piles of fish and chip/McDonalds wrappers piled up against the entire stadium wall.

What in the f.... were you doing wearing a Mun U scarf at Stamford Bridge? I went courtesy of my wife's brother in law who's a member so we weren't sitting with all the plebs. He at the time lived almost in the stadium with one of the light tower poles in his front lawn. Even he, walking in and out through the members gates, would hide his 30yr old Chelsea scarf. It is ugly. Particularly the knee deep piles of fish and chip/McDonalds wrappers piled up against the entire stadium wall.

Were you trying to offer a counter argument, or just helping mine along? 30 fuckin years and not much has changed I see.

I did hide my scarf. But when an organised gang that doesn't recognise you as one of the other organised Chelsea gangs, are walking on the way to the stadium, even brain dead fuckwits can add 2+2.

I'm just glad I didn't bother going to the Millwall games. They make Chelsea supporters look like Trumper's customers.

Were you trying to offer a counter argument, or just helping mine along?........

Typical Man U fan. No need for discussion just needs a bashing.

Getting bashed up is a bit too much of course but it's the entire stadium full of naked agression I find interesting and pretty exciting. You used to get a bit of it between one or two clubs in Holland but not the institutionalised hatred towards everything that's different. And there's an undercurrent of it at every ground you go to. Gotta be more exciting than ambling down the isle of Truefit and Hill deciding on which type of sandalwood after shave you should get.

What have we got here? A stadium full of Footy mums and dads with a load of cute little kiddies running on at half time. The crowd noises consist of shouting "Eagles (or Dockers)" followed by a nifty "clap, clap, clap". Occasionally an over excited fan will utter an obscenity only to be threatened by at least half a dozen grand dads covering the ears of cute little kiddies. And afterwards? Even after the local "derby" not a wrapper, bit of loose paper or even a decent lick of chewing gum to be found anywhere. It's the same at the MCG.

Clearly we need more stabbings, molotovs and general social unrest at our sporting events.

Have we forgottten the lessons of the Coliseum so soon? Give the masses blood and violence and they will forget about everything else!

What a tame bunch we are now.

Poking a tiger inside a cage with a stick can be exciting and interesting. Less so if you're in the cage together. Coming from the exciting and interesting experience of soccer, I would have thought not having darts thrown at you, was a fairly positive thing.

We're clearly too soft.

I blame soccer itself. It's dull and frustrating. I think that's what's created some much pent up frustration in crowds. AFL and rugby doesn't breed such violence, except in isolated incidents. Not even rugby in England has such issues. My theory is when you put all the aggression on the field, there's less in the crowd. Any 'family values' psychologist would disagree, but then they're the sort of people that would wrap cotton wool in cotton wool.