Thayers? Don't know what to call it.

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
A sample (thankfully) of Thayers arrived a few days ago and I really don't know what it is. It is supposed to have Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera and basically has no smell with the consistency of tap water and does just about as much. Am I missing something here? Anybody else use it?

I use it.

After a shave, I wash the cream off my face and using a swissper wipe thing I wipe my face over with witch hazel. I got the sampler of ten or so bottles.

It is a toner kind o thing, and it just finishes off the face nicely.

Since I started DE shaving and using Witch Hazel afterwards, my skin is much better - no dried out like before.

yep, picked up a bottle just over a week ago and use it after every shave - after dry off, but before moisturising.
Have also used it before going to sleep at night.

I haven't really read anything about what exactly it does, but i'm definitely noticing a small improvement - my face is less dry and irritated after a shave, and general health of skin seems better, less blackheads, less oily, etc.

If you got a sampler, you must have bought something somewhere - that's not like you.

It's a light kind of AS / toner. WH is an ingredient in a lot of AS for its antiseptic properties. You can buy Dickinson's at Coles for $6. Has more alcohol in it. I use it at night after a shower.

Witch Hazel is a toner. It closes the pores, much like any aftershave should, especially if it has a touch of alcohol in it. I would only use it or an aftershave lotion, not both.

Most of the Witch hazel sold here is very high in Alcohol and actually dries out the skin, irritates it. Thayers is much lower alcohol and has plenty of other goodies like essential oils which bring a bit of moisture to the party and leaves the skin nicer.

The Medicated Superhazel actually has clove oil in it which is great for your skin, but once it dries there is a very strong smell of cloves which I cannot stand. It helps with zits heaps as Clove oil has antiseptic properties.

Most of us use it to get to sleep, just a small 30ml shot and you barely notice the taste.

Puts you right to sleep...

Reactions: JVS
We used witch hazel gel for everything. Every cut and graze mosquito bites you name it. I've also used Aloe Vera a lot. I think both are little miracle drugs. This stuff just has nothing in it. Very dissapointing. You're just jealous I've got something in the post recently. Cold turkey's hard Drubbing. I can't imagine what you're going through.

Lots more if you count a vintage bakelite restore job brush and, unrelated to shaving, an upgrade kit to an amp I built. Oh it hurts to get that much love from the postman, Drubbing.

Lots more if you count a vintage bakelite restore job brush and, unrelated to shaving, an upgrade kit to an amp I built. Oh it hurts to get that much love from the postman, Drubbing.

He'd be the perfect man if he greened up that front lawn, given he spends so much time there...

The verge is untouched but weed free. Actually the front lawn, which admittedly takes some finding and wading through nasty looking woodchips, is a pisser. The postman doesn't mind the verge. He happily pulls a few wheelies in delight when he's offloaded all that gear for me.