The 2018 P&C AP Reserve FESTIVUS Aftershave! (L'eau de Festivus)

Would you like menthol in the splash ?

• Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
I'm happy to handle the NSW bottles if none of the regular suspects can do it.

I am away last weekish of December to the second week of January however.

I could also pick them up any time (if that is easier for you @todras) save postage hassle and any postage breaking risks.
I will be NSW. Likely holding a meet into December, different location and flavour.
Can you two fight it out together. Just glad someone other than me put their hand up.

Do we do a Kris Kringle at the next meet up too.

I will be posting the splash to the nominated people interstate on Wednesday 5th December as I am very busy with AP Reserve order fulfilment for the US retailers over the next couple of weeks.

As I mentioned, the numbers and nominated receivers need to be locked down by Thursday 29th (Next Thursday) so I can get everything labelled, decanted, bottled, packed and ready for the following week's send.

A couple of people have already covered the postage for their respective state, as it is $13.45 and is basically sweet FA this is very much appreciated and helps me to minimise my costs in materials putting this all together - legendary guys -thank you :)

I will be posting the splash to the nominated people interstate on Wednesday 5th December as I am very busy with AP Reserve order fulfilment for the US retailers over the next couple of weeks.

As I mentioned, the numbers and nominated receivers need to be locked down by Thursday 29th (Next Thursday) so I can get everything labelled, decanted, bottled, packed and ready for the following week's send.

A couple of people have already covered the postage for their respective state, as it is $13.45 and is basically sweet FA this is very much appreciated and helps me to minimise my costs in materials putting this all together - legendary guys -thank you :)
Just the PP to Tract addy mate?

May I suggest - Citrus, Juniper Berry, Cypress, Cardamom, Woody Accord, a dash of Amber or Bitters. Would love to be able to pick up a bottle here in the States if made available.

May I suggest - Citrus, Juniper Berry, Cypress, Cardamom, Woody Accord, a dash of Amber or Bitters. Would love to be able to pick up a bottle here in the States if made available.

Hit me up with a PM brother, if you cover postage Ill see what I can do :)

EDIT: @nervosa1901 has kindly offered to receive the bottles and will forward to you - get in touch with him.

Last edited:
So no takers from the ACT? Guess @Mark1966 must be out of town...? :unsure: I'll happily take one for the team :love: Sign me up @todras

What, Huh, Yeah, Has this all happened while I was in VIC? or WA? or VIC again? or NSW? or QLD? or NSW again?

Sure - go for it mate - you take one for the team - apologies that I've not been 'present' around this issue!

Off to WA for a day trip next week and that *should* see me done for the year.

What, Huh, Yeah, Has this all happened while I was in VIC? or WA? or VIC again? or NSW? or QLD? or NSW again?

Sure - go for it mate - you take one for the team - apologies that I've not been 'present' around this issue!

Off to WA for a day trip next week and that *should* see me done for the year.
Happy to take one for the team & safe travels!

Hit me up with a PM brother, if you cover postage Ill see what I can do :)

EDIT: @nervosa1901 has kindly offered to receive the bottles and will forward to you - get in touch with him.

Your generosity knows no bounds - very much appreciated. And yes, he and I have already communicated and worked out shipping here in the States. Once again, thank you.

@eggbert you live in the middle of nowhere so I am happy to send you a bottle directly if you would like one for Christmas, drop me a PM when you see this if you would like one mate :)

Thanks mate, but there are, possibly, 3 or more of us in the NT. Although, being such a transient community, many inhabitants go home to Mexico over Christmas, so arranging a meetup for all might be hard.
@astinus4 ,@JugV2 and any other NT'ers if you are around and want a @todras gift bottle please head over to the meet up page and sign up.

A brief update :artist:

The compounding and maceration of the perfume is now complete, compounding the formula occurred last night well into the wee hours and the perfume then spent 10 hours on the magnetic stirrer blending and maturing. It has now been put into amber flagons to mature for a week or two prior to final bottling. The weather at the moment is perfect for maturation with temperatures sitting between 24 and 28 C throughout the day, this will substantially assist the maturation and further maceration.

Time is obviously an issue for me at the moment so I am bumping the bottling and sends forward by a few days, the final lockout for people wanting bottles is still Thursday morning though and I will post in each of the respective threads confirming the numbers and eligible members - still plenty of time to grab some providing there is some left of course.

Thoughts on the process...

Festivus is a very basic composition by my standards as the approach I took by inviting people to suggest notes they like was (as I initially mentioned kind of silly) as what people say they like in perfumes (especially big commercial branded frags) can often be very complex accords of 50-60 compounds for a single note e.g. the Marine accord in Bombora is in this ballpark. Baring this in mind it was critical that I approached the project judiciously to avoid a dogs breakfast, drawing on many hours of previous research and experimentation in regards to replicating whiskey, rum and gin notes and making them work in the context of a fragrance with bloody menthol to be worn in the heat of the Australian summer. I think it worked and I hope people enjoy it, it's something I will wear.

The labelling and design for the bottles will be different to the usual impeccable standard of AP Reserve. I could have easily thrown $500 USD at my GD for a professional label however this is my Christmas present to you guys (the P&C community) so my wife suggested I produce the labels myself which I have done... suffice to say I will not be shifting careers any time soon, and the labels are not waterproof either... :coffee:

giphy.gif

AP Reserve P&C Festivus SE

Opening Notes include: Juniper, Lime, Grapefruit, Orange & Bergamot
Heart Notes Include: Cardamom, Nutmeg, Carnation, Red Pepper, Aldehydes & Cucumber
Base Notes Include: Cashmere, Patchouli, Mahogany, Coriander, Castoreum & Amber

Nhulunbuy is a long way from Darwin.... If Errol can't make it I hope he's still eligible for an aftershave. His weekly razor reviews add a lot to this forum

As I have already mentioned, P&C members from the NT are exempt from the expectation of an in person attendance or indeed a meetup. Expecting people to travel hundreds of kilometres to qualify for a bottle of aftershave would be bloody idiotic and outright inequitable.

Members from the NT simply have to post in their meetup thread and it's a done deal, I will also be sending their aftershaves express post at my own expense.