The Black Hole of Asendia

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
Since so many of the local distributors of US-made products have sold out of many products, I've often had to put up with slow delivery with Asendia. So far, I've had two packages completely lost without trace, and the minimum delivery time I've seen has been 42 days. Don't know how they stay in business.

At the moment I'm waiting on an order from Top of the Chain (Noble Otter Two Kings) which has now been in the pipeline for 5 weeks. Not TOTC's fault, of course, but frustrating to wait for weeks and then have to face the realisation that it probably won't come at all. Will just have to wait until Beard and Blade gets it back in stock.

In the meantime, I just had to console myself with a tub of A&E Asian Plum, making sure that it goes out via USPS Priority... :)

Does anyone have a whitelist of international suppliers who use reliable delivery services?

Never had a problem from Maggards or Italian Barber but have not even tried during COVID lock down

I have tems with Asendia, DHL, and FedEx. (Non shaving related) from west coast USA and Canada.

Interesting watching the tracking of Asendia and DHL items go in the complete opposite direction to Australia. No wonder items take so long.

Fed Ex at least geographically appears to know that NSW Australia is located on the Pacific Ocean, not North of Hamburg Germany.

Yep. I've now given up on my Noble Otter order, and asked for a refund. The tracking logs haven't moved since my first post, where the package came to test in New York. Trouble is, I've also got an order for Ariana & Evans Asian Plum from a later date which seems to have taken up residence at the same address. (Sigh...)

I'm going to henceforth adopt a policy of simply not ordering anything at all from the US for the foreseeable future. If I can't get what I want domestically, I'm just going to do without.

Yep. I've now given up on my Noble Otter order, and asked for a refund. The tracking logs haven't moved since my first post, where the package came to test in New York. Trouble is, I've also got an order for Ariana & Evans Asian Plum from a later date which seems to have taken up residence at the same address. (Sigh...)

I'm going to henceforth adopt a policy of simply not ordering anything at all from the US for the foreseeable future. If I can't get what I want domestically, I'm just going to do without.

I have 1 X Maggards order I am waiting. No more shaving supplies from outside Australia until covid19 fiasco is over.

Tub of soap sent across the ditch to @Blackie on 10 June stopped by customs inbound, attempted delivery, hasn't arrived. "Attempted delivery" appears to be the default status after each enquiry. Methinks lost in transit :unsure:

I have 1 X Maggards order I am waiting. No more shaving supplies from outside Australia until covid19 fiasco is over.
My last successful order was from Maggard, at a brisk 42 days. I now think that was pretty good. My Noble Otter order from TOTC has resurfaced on Asendia's tracking as having arrived at "an Australian facility" on 9th July. So maybe I'll still get it. Only 76 days at this point. My refund from TOTC has not been forthcoming, so let's hope so. My bad for pursuing a transaction with a retailer using Stripe rather than PayPal. Won't do that again.

My more recent A&E order seems to have turned up in Perth some 10 days ago, but no word since. Pity I left Perth 9 years ago...

My bad for pursuing a transaction with a retailer using Stripe rather than PayPal. Won't do that again.
What ever you buy online always used PayPal, if, any website doesn’t have PayPal outside of the Australian border do not used your credit card online.

It’s okay to used your credit card online only in Australia within a secure line Australian translation system only nothing outside the Australian border.

What ever you buy online always used PayPal, if, any website doesn’t have PayPal outside of the Australian border do not used your credit card online.

It’s okay to used your credit card online only in Australia within a secure line Australian translation system only nothing outside the Australian border.
Indeed, no argument from me. Trouble is (was), everybody else had run out of stock of that soap, including the manufacturer. And Top Of The Chain has a pretty good reputation.

If it ever turns up, I hope I bloody like it after all this... 😠

Indeed, no argument from me. Trouble is (was), everybody else had run out of stock of that soap, including the manufacturer. And Top Of The Chain has a pretty good reputation.

If it ever turns up, I hope I bloody like it after all this... 😠
TOTC always used Asendia's shipping to Australia unless you choose Canada Mail service with your Australian Post Parcel Locker or Collect registration number, because, by Canadian Postal law they must give an international postal delivery register number to Australian Post so they know what coming to Australia.

TOTC always used Asendia's shipping to Australia unless you choose Canada Mail service with your Australian Post Parcel Locker or Collect registration number...
Yep, but since I now live in the deepest darkest boonies of Tasmania, such things are unheard of. I get a card in my (huge) mailbox to say collect at the post office 12km away (including the 2km to the end of my driveway).

Yep, but since I now live in the deepest darkest boonies of Tasmania, such things are unheard of. I get a card in my (huge) mailbox to say collect at the post office 12km away (including the 2km to the end of my driveway).
Then don’t buy from TOTC. Otherwise tough bloody titties

Yeah, I came to that conclusion in March for everything except whisky.

My Noble Otter order from TOTC has resurfaced on Asendia's tracking as having arrived at "an Australian facility" on 9th July. So maybe I'll still get it. Only 76 days at this point. My refund from TOTC has not been forthcoming, so let's hope so. My bad for pursuing a transaction with a retailer using Stripe rather than PayPal. Won't do that again.

If your order has not arrived from your retailer within the expected time then it is up to the retailer to provide an agreed solution (refund, replacement, store credit). If the parcel is tracked, it will be clear if it has not been delivered by the due date. It is really nothing to do with Stripe. The retailer can provide a refund through Stripe at the push of a button - which is much faster and easier than going through the Paypal dispute process. That said, I agree that international consumer deliveries are a mess at the moment.

...The retailer can provide a refund through Stripe at the push of a button - which is much faster and easier than going through the Paypal dispute process.
Agreed, but it only works if the retailer is willing to do so. Instead, they've referred it to their insurer, who asked me to fill in an affidavit form, which I've done, but haven't heard anything more. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks, which will take the thing up to 90 days, and then push harder.

By way of a postscript, the soap finally arrived today, just a day sort of 11 weeks. Obviously my lucky day today, maybe I should buy a lotto ticket...

By way of a postscript, the soap finally arrived today, just a day sort of 11 weeks. Obviously my lucky day today, maybe I should buy a lotto ticket...

Better late then never. Seriously 11 weeks is absolutly shocking.

Sea freight is typically 7-9 weeks from East Coast Canada to Eastern and Southern States of Australia.

Carton of razor blades.

10 weeks from the Ukraine to Sydney via Global postage. It took 3 days from seller till the parcel left the Ukraine. 9.5 weeks to drift around the world. I could have put a message in a bottle and it would hace arrived quicker..

On the opposite spectrum. 3 x tubes of palmolive shave cream free shipping from the UK, exactly 14 days.