The Black Hole of Asendia

Carton of razor blades.

10 weeks from the Ukraine to Sydney via Global postage. It took 3 days from seller till the parcel left the Ukraine. 9.5 weeks to drift around the world. I could have put a message in a bottle and it would hace arrived quicker..

On the opposite spectrum. 3 x tubes of palmolive shave cream free shipping from the UK, exactly 14 days.

That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence as my Smart Helix razor departed the Ukraine over 2 weeks ago and they state anywhere around 3-4 weeks for normal shipping (without COVID-19)...? :nailbiting:

At the moment, I'm looking at an average of 3 to 4 weeks to get from Sydney to Tasmania. I think they're using little old ladies with shopping trolleys to move stuff.

Stop insulting old ladies! (They would be quicker ...)

At the moment, I'm looking at an average of 3 to 4 weeks to get from Sydney to Tasmania. I think they're using little old ladies with shopping trolleys to move stuff.

Domestically it appears to be a lotto if you receive items in a reasonable time frame or not. Gargravarr your location hiding out with the Thylacine's certainly adds to your delivery issues.

I noticed on my last two DHL parcels that arrived to Australia via Melbourne. They normally arrive via Mascot Sydney. I compared when I received the previous order to the last recent two, and found it added approx 5 days extra to the delivery time.

Stop insulting old ladies! (They would be quicker ...)
giphy.gif

Yet I ordered blades from Vshod in Qld at 2pm on Thursday. They appeared on my doorstep in Melbourne 10am Friday morning!

Vshod send alot their deliveries express.

I received an item from a forum member Perth to Sydney express, and it arrived in less than 36hours.

Last edited:
Ordered a vintage watch out of Hungary 8th June and seller is unable to send to Aus because of Covid restrictions
PayPal assure me 6 months to open a dispute.

Ordered a vintage watch out of Hungary 8th June and seller is unable to send to Aus because of Covid restrictions
PayPal assure me 6 months to open a dispute.

When the seller says they cannot ship to your destination, it means the countries normal postage service may have restrictions sending the item through their postage service.It does not mean the item cannot be sent ! DHL, Fed Ex and all the big companies are still operating from those so called " cannot ship countries".

Most often the case there will be an additional cost for these private courier services. Some sellers are purely lazy and CBB having to send the items international using the Big Courier companies.

If you really want the item, I would speak to the seller and see if you can compromise on costs of a Fed Ex or similar carriage service. If you can't and the seller ihas given no official ETA on delivery time, just open a PayPal dispute item not received immediately. Don't bother about asking seller direct for your money back.

Paypal has 180 days for you to file a dispute.