The collection begins

Gold and Nickel Fat Handle Techs and a 'SilverTip' badger brush!

I'm dubious about the quality of the brush but for $1.25 you can't go wrong !!!!!

Gold and Nickel Fat Handle Techs and a 'SilverTip' badger brush!

I'm dubious about the quality of the brush but for $1.25 you can't go wrong !!!!!

I would be dubious too, so looking foward to it arriving, expect it to shed 80% on contact with water.
The razors I am buying just for fun at the moment. Will stop for breath and await the arrival of the goodies.

I think you've got two identical razors there. The last one's in better nick than the first. Good score on the brush. How can you go wrong for $1.25!
The nickle plated one is the older version, different shaped slots in the guard (slightly triangulated), and is the better one.
The gold plated one GT posted before was just straight slots, a later model.

gthomas:
There's no date stamp or serial number on gillette Techs this vintage, so that's the only was to tell if you have an early Tech - 1938 to mid 1940s, or a Tech made in after the mid 40s, is the shape of the slots.
Any of the triangulated slot Techs were most likely made 1938-1945.

Edit: I prefer the ball end handled techs over the fat handled Techs myself though. thinner handle but solid, so heavier than these fat handled Techs and feel better to me. Also a whole bunch of medium and fat handled techs made by Gillette in England, may be more common here than USA stuff, and postage from the UK is nice and cheap if you were to go to ebay.uk.co Most of them are in nice looking bakelite cases as well. But I am slightly envious because you have a contact in the USA. So many great razors when cheap because they were to USA buyers only, I missed out on many bargains due to that. I haven't bought any since 2009 though, and not really bothered about buying more anyway though.

Last edited: