The day Dave went to Truefitt & Hill

I'm willing to browse shops, check out fragrance counters etc. but I think group spa pedicures is going too far.
Being a wet shaving forum I was more inclined to surgest that we get shaves...

I’ll be taking my Paint and Clip nail enthusiast forum pals for pedicures there.

All this talk of whores and happy endings....

So a Penguin walks into a pub and says to the barman 'can I have a bourbon neat thanks'....
Barman pours him a bourbon and hands it to the Penguin....
Penguin takes a swig of his drink and then says to the barman 'by chance you haven't seen my brother walk through here in the last ten minutes'....
Barman looks around and replies 'what does he look like'....

We may be looking for different things from our barbers..
But if that’s the thing you want, Canberra would be the place for it!
Plus the the worlds oldest barbershop, Truefitt & Hill just opened up a branch here, you know so you can look good for the whores!
I would actually love to have a barber shave me one day.Not many these days get to experience the pleasure of a wet shave let alone a barber doing the work and it is a rarity.If I can have a face massage from someone like this it would be a bonus...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=953&v=TvKoDXbGDsw

I would actually love to have a barber shave me one day.Not many these days get to experience the pleasure of a wet shave let alone a barber doing the work and it is a rarity.If I can have a face massage from someone like this it would be a bonus...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=953&v=TvKoDXbGDsw
They really do a good job, Not sure why folk here are jumping to the negative straight away TBH but Dylan was excellent, I’ve had rough shaves from hipster barbers and I’ve had minor surgery and and a shave from an English barber.
These guys do the luxury thing well and they have the heritage and product line to back it up.

I can get a straight razor shave here in Lombok just like this but its a 1 star rating compared to 5 i would image at T&H . I will not be going back to the baber again here my face was sore for days and for $3 i expect pefection yes it included haircut, scalp massage, shampoo and shave i skipped the manicure has i had alread had one done

I had a shave and a haircut at T&H in London a couple of years back. It wasn't the best shave I've ever been given (Vito formerly of Men's Biz in Melbourne, presently running a shop in Dubai has that honour) but it was nice to have done it once at such an old barbershop. Anyone who knows Vito, also knows he has a massive beard and wild hair, so I wouldn't judge a barber based on his own facial hair.

I am keen to get a shave at the Canberra store to check it out, but I reckon I'll do it solo.

And there's no getting shaved while people walk by. It's a separate room out the back (cue more hooker jokes) that only customers get to go into. You don't even get to see it from the retail section of the shop.

Well they got a new barber as part of their training they need (non paying) faces for which to scrape.
She did a pretty good job, what ever soap they used my skin did not like at all however the Post shave stuff seemed to resolve the light reaction.

I think T&F freshman is May favourite of their scents..

The new barber is of a hair dressing background, T&F flew a guy in from malaysia specifically to train her, it’s good to see that they take it seriously.

I have been to visit the trainee and she is learning quickly, the trainer out of Kuala Lumpur is a great teacher and I am pretty sure she will be up to speed soon enough.
As for the face mask and manicure well, I'm with @Ferret619 give it a go. Now if only they made a soap that had the same scent as the Canberra shop, I would buy that in a second

$60.
$75 if you want Dylan to massage your face tattoos as well.
$130 if you want Dylan to give you a purifying face mask before the shave.
$165 if you want Dylan to give you an invigorating face mask before the shave.

Source: http://truefittandhill.com.au/pages/Services
When I eventually get to Canberra to see the war memorial I shall have to get a head shave