THE FINAL WALTZ: P&C Limited Edition 'Matilda' Shaving Brush

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
We are proud to present this very special auction lot from the P&C Archives - the last Matilda brush from our 2020 Limited Edition shaving brush project.

Please read the auction guidelines here before bidding.

International bidders: Please contact @Monsta_AU via PM to discuss International shipping options at additional cost.

Australian bidders: this lot will be shipped free of charge within Australia using standard postage.

'Matilda'

AUCTION DESCRIPTION

The very last one, no more of these to ever be made.
Handle in hand poured resin (2-tone green and plus clear with mica) and turned by @Tony Forsyth.
Hand-tied 2-band silvertip badger knot in a fan shape by @Srdjan from Rhodium Knots.
100% produced in Australia by Artisans of P&C.

This was an additional brush which was produced but not spoken for. Carefully stored by @Monsta_AU for the past 2 years, this is unused and should be considered 'NOS' now.

Original group buy thread with photos and reviews: here

Matilda1.png

Matilda2.png

Left: Monsta_AU's personal Matilda with 2yrs use. Right: Actual brush up for auction.

Handle Design Dimensions - variances due to hand-turning:
Shape: Bulbous Keyhole
Overall height: 61 mm
Base height: 39 mm
Collar height: 22 mm
Base diameter bottom (largest): 40 mm
Base diameter top (smallest): 30 mm
Collar diameter (largest): 40 mm

Knot Dimensions & Data:
Material: 2-Band Silvertip badger
Diameter: ~26mm
Loft: ~51mm
Shape: Fan
Hand tied. May experience some minor shedding.

Monsta's Comments: This has been the brush to stop me looking at brushes. This has been my daily driver for the past 2 years with the occasional use of the Platypus, or my travel brush when on the road. Not a lather hog like some high-diameter knots, this does have excellent flow and backbone while the tips are super-soft. It is a very large brush once bloomed and it definitely took some getting used to. No issues with the knot has ever been reported to me from the original participants of the group buy, and I have only had the bare minimum of shedding occur. This is a part of the history of our little forum and I have always been proud of what was achieved through its production. Nobody was ever disappointed with what they got, in fact I have been asked to not only add this in but to look to create yet another brush in the near future.

Congratulations to the winner @Holiday - PM with instructions coming soon.

Combined donation for multiple auctions -

Thanks for the support!

4fiz1oXl.png