The general watch talk discussion

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
Sigh, but wait, there more! [money to pour down the rabbit hole that is]

Not a fan of the look unfortunately

'Fat Boy', did somebody say 'Fat Boy' - well in that case tell me more :)

Oh wait, don't bother. Just read @Drubbing's post - will stick with my cheapie Seiko 5 ;)
Something like a seagull 1963 seems like it would be up your ally-

It’s an interesting watch with some terrific heritage.

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
Hard to belive but the monster isn’t great for getting under shirt cuffs
And I’ve wanted to try a cheapie Seiko 5
Buy shirts with French cuffs. Problem solved... although a Monster might not quite be the ideal watch in that situation...

Swatches are hella collectible these days. There are a heap of vintage rare ones that if in mint condition, they go for about the same as an entry-level 'proper' Swiss with an auto movement. Insane.

Unfortunately I gammed the quick-adjust spring bar on my SZSC003, meaning it is not on the wrist. Hard to get 18mm single-shoulder springbars anywhere, let alone 18 x 1.3mm with a 0.7mm pivot. Might need to take the one off the SRP315 instead while I source some.

Last edited:

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
Buy shirts with French cuffs. Problem solved... although a Monster might not quite be the ideal watch in that situation...

Swatches are hella collectible these days. There are a heap of vintage rare ones that if in mint condition, they go for about the same as an entry-level 'proper' Swiss with an auto movement. Insane.

Unfortunately I gammed the quick-adjust spring bar on my SZSC003, meaning it is not on the wrist. Hard to get 18mm single-shoulder springbars anywhere, let alone 18 x 1.3mm with a 0.7mm pivot. Might need to take the one off the SRP315 instead while I source some.
I love my swatches, lots of fun stuff out there to try in their expansive range however, not the most refined however, in fact I had the above on my bedside table and my wife complained that it was too loud.