The general watch talk discussion

NRsrCE3l.jpg

Bit of vintage fun

Sigh, but wait, there more! [money to pour down the rabbit hole that is]

Not a fan of the look unfortunately

'Fat Boy', did somebody say 'Fat Boy' - well in that case tell me more :)

Oh wait, don't bother. Just read @Drubbing's post - will stick with my cheapie Seiko 5 ;)
Something like a seagull 1963 seems like it would be up your ally-
kQThxo0l.jpg

It’s an interesting watch with some terrific heritage.

MLCY8gV.jpg

Lots of random stuff on eBay, I have this coming for under $40

Hard to belive but the monster isn’t great for getting under shirt cuffs
And I’ve wanted to try a cheapie Seiko 5

and that one has a nice retro look :)

and that one has a nice retro look :)
Yes indeed.
I’ve also actually got my dads old watch, which itself is nothing special but he seemed to love it.

LvbX6QWl.jpg

Another fun find.

Hard to belive but the monster isn’t great for getting under shirt cuffs
And I’ve wanted to try a cheapie Seiko 5

Buy shirts with French cuffs. Problem solved... although a Monster might not quite be the ideal watch in that situation...

LvbX6QWl.jpg

Another fun find.

Swatches are hella collectible these days. There are a heap of vintage rare ones that if in mint condition, they go for about the same as an entry-level 'proper' Swiss with an auto movement. Insane.

Unfortunately I gammed the quick-adjust spring bar on my SZSC003, meaning it is not on the wrist. Hard to get 18mm single-shoulder springbars anywhere, let alone 18 x 1.3mm with a 0.7mm pivot. Might need to take the one off the SRP315 instead while I source some.

Last edited:
My Seiko to which I gave to my wife a few years ago cause I just don't wear a watch love the look of some just not into wearing them this is a 5 Bar.

hGa56Zp.jpg

Buy shirts with French cuffs. Problem solved... although a Monster might not quite be the ideal watch in that situation...

Swatches are hella collectible these days. There are a heap of vintage rare ones that if in mint condition, they go for about the same as an entry-level 'proper' Swiss with an auto movement. Insane.

Unfortunately I gammed the quick-adjust spring bar on my SZSC003, meaning it is not on the wrist. Hard to get 18mm single-shoulder springbars anywhere, let alone 18 x 1.3mm with a 0.7mm pivot. Might need to take the one off the SRP315 instead while I source some.
I love my swatches, lots of fun stuff out there to try in their expansive range however, not the most refined however, in fact I had the above on my bedside table and my wife complained that it was too loud.