The general watch talk discussion

I want to get bling bling. But I can settle for a speedy. :p

No, no, no, not THAT kinda Speedy, this kinda Speedy -

But, hey, you knew that @Ferret619 !
Very nice Mark.
You almost can't tell it's not a Swatch the real thing.
juiIVHv.jpg

Sneaked in this purchase on 29th June just before the GST hammer came crashing down.....

Any suggestions to source a nice 24mm leather strap (or even go back to Steinharts and get one there)?

I have fairly fairly solid wrists coming in at almost 8 inches ~ the lovely strap provided is 120/80 and good for most people but I'm halfway between the last and second last holes ~ probably need another 10mm to 20mm.

TQc91xSl.jpg
XOKKVoDl.jpg

rDC0j71h.jpg

Been working on getting this guy regulated- pretty happy with that

7yVCMj8.png

So tell me about this app...
Well you sync your time and from 12 hours later you can check your accuracy (well as accurate as tapping a phone can be)

That’s about all there is to it really-

I do like that you get US navel atomic time through it though, I haven’t had a radio watch regularly get the signal.

Does the app save your data? Would be good to do comparison between 12hr resting and 12hr wearing.....

I got my new longer leather strap today, arrived in the post this morning.... Still can't use it until the deployant clasp arrives ~ hopefully tomorrow if tracking is accurate!

Does the app save your data? Would be good to do comparison between 12hr resting and 12hr wearing.....

I got my new longer leather strap today, arrived in the post this morning.... Still can't use it until the deployant clasp arrives ~ hopefully tomorrow if tracking is accurate!
It probably does and I’m just too basic to investigate-
Here’s the days deviation while being worn mostly

+/-2 SPD is not bad for a 7s26 movement .

tuPjbiBl.png

ooohhhh....new thread to peruse....

Thought I'd have a read through and join the happy throng. Lots of talk about the wonderful Omega's, so Ill share mine with you.

7DJXSzxl.jpg

Present for Xmas 2001 (I think...might have been 2002). Was terrified of wearing it to start with, and it only came out on special occasions. However, I was convinced (read...TOLD) that it had been bought to wear...not sit in its box in a cupboard! As such, I've pretty much worn it every day since then.
I remember not long after I moved to Aus (2006) the battery went flat and I took it to a watch place on King Street in Perth. I cant remember the exact amount they quoted me to replace the battery (but it made my eyes water) and the smarmy git behind the counter gave me the old 'owning an Omega is a bit like owning a Mercedes sir, beautiful to look at but expensive to maintain...'.
After a bit of research I found Dayco watchmakers tucked away in Perth CBD and he's been looking after me ever since.
Have to say I absolutely love it, looks as good today as it did when I first opened the box (which is a massive and very flash leather thing..).

ooohhhh....new thread to peruse....

Thought I'd have a read through and join the happy throng. Lots of talk about the wonderful Omega's, so Ill share mine with you.

7DJXSzxl.jpg

Present for Xmas 2001 (I think...might have been 2002). Was terrified of wearing it to start with, and it only came out on special occasions. However, I was convinced (read...TOLD) that it had been bought to wear...not sit in its box in a cupboard! As such, I've pretty much worn it every day since then.
I remember not long after I moved to Aus (2006) the battery went flat and I took it to a watch place on King Street in Perth. I cant remember the exact amount they quoted me to replace the battery (but it made my eyes water) and the smarmy git behind the counter gave me the old 'owning an Omega is a bit like owning a Mercedes sir, beautiful to look at but expensive to maintain...'.
After a bit of research I found Dayco watchmakers tucked away in Perth CBD and he's been looking after me ever since.
Have to say I absolutely love it, looks as good today as it did when I first opened the box (which is a massive and very flash leather thing..).

Lovely Seamaster

The new "L" size strap and deployant clasp have arrived and I was able to properly wear them out in the wild today...... I love the new strap and clasp combo, it looks so much nicer than the heavy black rubber coated leather the watch originally arrived with.

The long strap only just slips through the strap loops though..... this will do for now but am thinking about a new 130x90 XL size now, will see how this one goes over the next few weeks before making up my mind.

PVhzI9sl.jpg

AReuodPl.jpg