The general watch talk discussion

Me too. Love the interesting history and as a kid of the 80s (only just but still) and a bit of a car nerd the Giugiaro link is pretty unique.

plus these where limited to 2000 units world wide but they are just a bit of fun.
I looked at the black one of these for a while, but couldn’t justify it. Very cool though

The grand seiko are stunning pieces of craftsmanship and watchmaking. But where in Australia do they get them serviced

The grand seiko are stunning pieces of craftsmanship and watchmaking. But where in Australia do they get them serviced
I presume it’s travelling overseas.

finally arrived!
AKfPWvM.jpg

I've just picked up a new Glycine combat and looking for some new straps.

Has anyone in Australia tried Strapify? https://www.strapify.com.au/

Feedback seems pretty good overall for their leather and rubber
Which combat did you get?
I've a few genuine Glycine bands.

So I’m currently looking at a sinn 556a.
Any of you guys worn sinn?

No, but they come with great reviews that I've read.
I was looking at a black bay 36 but given the work I do I’m not sure it would hold up.
The 556 line looks like it should be a good deal though

I was looking at a black bay 36 but given the work I do I’m not sure it would hold up.
The 556 line looks like it should be a good deal though

Yeah the Black Bay would be a bad daily driver choice for you I'd think!

Maybe a G-shock ? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah the Black Bay would be a bad daily driver choice for you I'd think!

Maybe a G-shock ? :ROFLMAO:
I’ve got a G shock.. but that’s pretty much used when I’m doing really dumb stuff.

So I’m currently looking at a sinn 556a.
Any of you guys worn sinn?

I wear a Sinn 144 ST SA, bought years ago when it was not at a silly price as it is now. My daily watch. Given my 2 rocca's I clearly have a thing for bead blasted germans :LOL: I love Sinn as a brand. Over-engineered to the point where even their dress watches have 100m water resistance. If you have the budget, get any of their watches which are tegimented, which is a special hardening process. By all accounts, those watches withstand a beating.

3-D34-B157-35-CD-4-ACB-A2-CB-CC61-ACA1034-D.jpg

I wear a Sinn 144 ST SA, bought years ago when it was not at a silly price as it is now. My daily watch. Given my 2 rocca's I clearly have a thing for bead blasted germans :LOL: I love Sinn as a brand. Over-engineered to the point where even their dress watches have 100m water resistance. If you have the budget, get any of their watches which are tegimented, which is a special hardening process. By all accounts, those watches withstand a beating.

3-D34-B157-35-CD-4-ACB-A2-CB-CC61-ACA1034-D.jpg
That’s nice, i don’t know why I just had been sleeping on sinn as a brand.
I’ve actually gone through my collection and sold everything except my spb121 (I think that’s the reference of the new alpinist) and my nuggety gshock
I’m looking at a Sinn 556A, it’s their standard steel however, there are similarly styled sinn out there but they seem to be less water resistant so it’s a trade off.

I’m looking at a Sinn 556A, it’s their standard steel however, there are similarly styled sinn out there but they seem to be less water resistant so it’s a trade off.

Sinn have their own following. They clearly don't do the typical watch brand marketing.

The 556A may be Sinn's entry level watch but it's a far more watch for the money than it's Swiss counterparts in that price range. It If you do get it, pay more for the H-Link bracelet. Most comfortable watch bracelet I've ever worn.

Sinn have their own following. They clearly don't do the typical watch brand marketing.

The 556A may be Sinn's entry level watch but it's a far more watch for the money than it's Swiss counterparts in that price range. It If you do get it, pay more for the H-Link bracelet. Most comfortable watch bracelet I've ever worn.
I’m defiantly going the H link.
I’m going to try to find one with the ETA movement however.

I've got the sibling of this watch ferret. I've had it since new but don't know much about it - what can you tell me?
y4mRrgf6hMFOoZ3iA2HX9O8zyMLpDAFK5-PlmVE1dq2N2TERmJsy14IpZSQOvbvylRFwcq_SQAfqzcrY42abJs09rCHQxzoDaQOnItOhQ9NbjqAAgSZ592uhVxJaR4sqMIoxLgGAq0O13Al9Zu3XKt36meAoGgUDt3mb31n9_hfGorS-Cbt3yC7yrmeRM_b5KHy
7A28-7009 is the reference and is a colab between seiko and Giugiaro, it is affectionately called the “Ripley” after Sigourney Weaver’s character in aliens who wore it on screen.
Really cool if you are a sci-fi dude or a car dude for Giugiaro factor. Worth a Mint now as they are a bit tricky to find in good shape but they are a really cool and unique racing chronograph once it’s all said and done.