The Green Mac

Pbgoose

iE2337Sl.jpg

This is a slightly reworked base of 'The Black Spruce'. The purpose was to experiment on a few parameters, the main one being playing with a specific scent. I grow a herb 'Plectranthus Amboinicus' which I thought may make for an interesting scent in shaving soap but the essential oil is not readily available commercially. I had a crack at steam distillation of the herb with not a lot of success, producing a very strong herb tea, leaving me no choice but to use it as the lye water and hope I could retain some of the scent. Once the soap was cooked and cooled slightly it had retained a very subtle background scent of the herb which I then hoped would influence the rest of the scent profile. I think I need to invest in some decent distillation equipment if I'm going to pursue this any further.
Ingredients:
Stearic, Olive Oil, Tallow (Beef), Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Hemp Oil, Glycerine, Tussah Silk, Shea Butter, KOH, NaOH, Filtered Water (RO), Essential Oil.
Essential Oils: Cypress, Lavender, Bergamot, Patchouli, Benzoin, and Black Pepper.