The Personna Micrometric

$50 posted solve your slight issue ?

I know!

You cannot imagine the consternation it is causing.
Do you want to rank it (comfort) in comparison to your other favourites - or might this cause the sell off of the beloved Gillettes :)

Do you want to rank it (comfort) in comparison to your other favourites - or might this cause the sell off of the beloved Gillettes :)
I hear you. Be a shame if a certain Gillette NEW DeLuxe Big Boy be liquidated and flow a little east of Canberra.
RN8ddsh.jpg

I don't know what it is (suspect head design) but it does seem more comfortable!

I hear you. Be a shame if a certain Gillette NEW DeLuxe Big Boy be liquidated and flow a little east of Canberra.

I think that this one was always the case ...

I don't know what it is (suspect head design) but it does seem more comfortable!
WOW - that's a big one from somebody with that many razors to choose!

WOW - that's a big one from somebody with that many razors to choose!
But it's understandable if most are Gillettes. Do the Gillette razors have similar head designs for the most part and just have minor differences? I know @Mark1966 has more than Gillettes but they make up a large part of his collection...

@Mark1966 - Can you post some shots of the head? Perhaps side, top, etc. (Compared to any Gillette razor.) Just to highlight what may be different. I know you're busy so no probs when (or if) it does happen.

A really nice example sold recently on eBay for $US1726, see here.

...and one before it sold for under $100 iirc not that long ago as well.
Gutted to miss it at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
ok - so who just won the Personna Micrometric Precision on ebay? :unsure:

went for $287, with four seconds to go I was leading bid then booom - it was all over :banghead::grumpy::dead:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HTF-Vintage-PERSONNA-Micrometric-Adjustable-PRECISION-Razor-Bakelite-Case-Gold-/193893339935?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=6phx7X5uLr0jxT96MzCaYgJ9nOA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

congrats to the winner, I hope they are a member here. :notworthy:
The razor looks like a vintage Gibbs adjustable

images

You being greedy again? Isn't one enough? :LOL: BTW, you need a sniping program if you really want to win the auction... :sneaky:
no mate not me. I have plenty of razors but not one of those. I have gixen but didn't think it would go for so much.

ok - so who just won the Personna Micrometric Precision on ebay? :unsure:

went for $287, with four seconds to go I was leading bid then booom - it was all over :banghead::grumpy::dead:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HTF-Vintage-PERSONNA-Micrometric-Adjustable-PRECISION-Razor-Bakelite-Case-Gold-/193893339935?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=6phx7X5uLr0jxT96MzCaYgJ9nOA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

congrats to the winner, I hope they are a member here. :notworthy:

That's Ebay for you, You got snipped :LOL:.

Burns doesn't it.:LOL: