They're cannig the BST over at you now where

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
Apparently too many issues taking up too much mod time. Just goes to show what gentleman they really are if they can't sell stuff to each other without arguing like a bunch of brats. Truly pathetic.

That sounds like a death knell for the whole site to me, or is YKW "too big to fail"?
A lot of sales happen through that forum, and I imagine if another forum offered the ability to BST then there would be a lot of migrations.

Is there any way to encourage those of the GSL to sell here instead? A few extra people around here wouldn't go amiss.

Oh, and remember the date - confirmed.

Last edited:
You have to understand eggbert, pjotr is getting on in his years, his mind is not as sharp as it used to be.
That said, how many people over there won't get it at all, even when being beaten over the head with it, is what will be astounding.

Just joking pjotr, I have no idea why you brought age up in the first place. Most things I link are very old, 1950s-1980s stuff, and nothing after the 1990s. Not like there's lots of teens here going on about some new fad media/music/tv etc.

Is it a little bit evil of me to be suggesting that people start their fire sales right now so they can get rid of stock before the end of the month ?

......how many people over there won't get it at all, even when being beaten over the head with it, is what will be astounding.......

I couldn't really blame them either. It's a very bad joke. The thing is I can just see it happening too. The mods over there just love to remind people that they're the boss and whatever they say goes, no matter how stupid or unreasonable it might be. This is just an extension of that attitude.

I couldn't really blame them either. It's a very bad joke. The thing is I can just see it happening too. The mods over there just love to remind people that they're the boss and whatever they say goes, no matter how stupid or unreasonable it might be. This is just an extension of that attitude.

If it's a joke, they've played it with their typical lack of humour, which kind of misses the point of jokes...

Gee some people get really cranky in their old age.

It's a dry humour, Americans suck at it usually. But I have no axe to grind with them personally so I don't hold it against them. In fact the only problem I have with most US forums and people from there on forums is they don't get humour and are too serious and in it for the money. So I find this subject funny, especially made on the first of april, which should make it obvious.
So it's more fun for me to laugh at the people who are upset and don;t get it, rather that be annoyed at the people who played a prank.

Gee some people get really cranky in their old age.

It's a dry humour, Americans suck at it usually. But I have no axe to grind with them personally so I don't hold it against them. In fact the only problem I have with most US forums and people from there on forums is they don't get humour and are too serious and in it for the money. So I find this subject funny, especially made on the first of april, which should make it obvious.
So it's more fun for me to laugh at the people who are upset and don;t get it, rather that be annoyed at the people who played a prank.

I can't be annoyed at anyone atm.

The dockers sorted the reigning prems and Ballantyne probably got Scarlett rubbed out. You'd have to hate the little runt if he wasn't playing for your team...

Chris Scott coached him on some of that. That's a nice irony. Something else Americans suck at. And Aluminium. One day, one of them is actually going to look up the spelling.

Gee some people get really cranky in their old age.......

I distinctly recall you having an order from Spain arriving at my doorstep shortly. I wonder if, in my advanced Alzheimers state of mind, I might mislay it somewhere. In any case, I need a bigger horsehair brush. With all that uncontrolled shaking I tend to miss my face with smaller brushes.

Sorry you are all
U6nnq.gif

about it.

So after a (bad) April Fools joke they now have a malware warning over at YKW.

Will be staying away for a while.....