Timeless Bronze 0.78 OC

Well you need an ATT H2 plate then...

I bought my R41 with the ikon bulldog handle which I have since traded for a bamboo handle. I have used the R41 with a muhle grande handle which is longer and lighter but do not use it often.

I was so close to going ATT but my mate swung me to timeless.. consider me enabled, the att is back On the dam radaty
If you really can continue with the R41 for a couple days in a row and want something in SS I'd def go with some ATT H plates...and seriously I doubt there is any other DE you would want, as there are currently none at that aggression level...

I would also think, that you will sell your Timeless sooner or later after that ;)

If you really can continue with the R41 for a couple days in a row and want something in SS I'd def go with some ATT H plates...and seriously I doubt there is any other DE you would want, as there are currently none at that aggression level...

I would also think, that you will sell your Timeless sooner or later after that ;)

your comments forced me to reach into my work den and pull out the timeless.. This razor is truly a work of art, feels fantastic in my hand and it aint going anywhere, i was actually thinking of getting the OC plate at some point

Next week i will be alternating between the two to get a better gauge..

2nd shave in a row with the R41 and i dont find it aggressive for some reason, very efficient and smooth is the best way i would describe it. Had a look at the ATT windsor SSH1 and it is indeed a very nice looking razor, would you think it is more or less 'aggressive' than the R41?

As far as I know, no DE is as aggressive as the R41...but the ATT H plates are very close. I have not tried the Windsor plates yet, only the "original". I think the Windsor have the same shave geometry, just with a different design. To be honest, I personally prefer the simplistic look of the original design - and as I said many times before, it is one of the most underrated razors out there, just because it is available and has been around for a while.

I know the Timeless is a beautiful razor...but seeing what you like, I don't think it is the perfect fit for you. If you remember I tried to tell you that, last time we met ;)

I might have a complete opposite taste in razors (it took me 5 shaves to get 1 bloodfree shave from the R41), but I have tried many and I think I can judge pretty well, what people like in one or the other...

I also see, that at the top of the pyramid (ie Wolfman) most people fall in love (doesn't matter if they come from the aggressive or mild side)...but I would definitely recommend you to go with a more aggressive version of the Wolfman (larger blade gap), should you every buy one.

I also think, that people love Wolfman's, because they are fantastic and and very well thought through razors - the fit and finish is just the icing on the cake.

Another piece of advice (be it a very dangerous one): I think you should try the R41 with a feather blade - and try to do only one pass (ATG - of course only if you shaved the day before). If it works (and I know there are some who shave with this setup), you can do a daily one pass shave to achieve BBS - the dream of many wet shavers.

Another thing you might want to look at: modern SE's that take the long Feather blades. They can definitely be as or more aggressive than the R41 (I am thinking the original Mongoose, but I am sure there are many more - NOT the ATT and NOT the RazoRock Hawk though - they are mild).

As far as I know, no DE is as aggressive as the R41
The iKon Tech is far more aggressive than the R41, they've called it the beast.

79957-EE7-0903-401-F-9923-5-A17-FCEDCC61.jpg

I might be wrong, because it has been a while since I cared about stuff like this, and pls correct me if I am wrong, but:

a) Ikon Tech is unobtanium?

b) the blade gap on the R41 is larger, while the Ikon has a larger blade protrusion?

In any case, if we go by "vintage" (ie razors not in production), I am sure you will find a Lersche or some old German beast, that can take your face skin off while leaving your whiskers intact :D

I haven’t tried the R41 or the AAT H2 but I can say that the AAT H1 was a pussy cat compared to the Tradere OC that I posted this morning.
Now that's a razor to hunt for @StratMan...hope you are ready for a 2nd and 3rd mortgage :D :D :D

I'd have to agree regarding the iKon Tech. I have yet to complete 1 full pass let alone a full shave as it's just too 'aggressive' for me, despite having enough experience to handle most DEs that I've tried. I still manage to get the odd weeper/nick using the R41 but nothing compared to the Tech which almost feels like shaving without a baseplate...

As far as I know, no DE is as aggressive as the R41...but the ATT H plates are very close. I have not tried the Windsor plates yet, only the "original". I think the Windsor have the same shave geometry, just with a different design. To be honest, I personally prefer the simplistic look of the original design - and as I said many times before, it is one of the most underrated razors out there, just because it is available and has been around for a while.

I know the Timeless is a beautiful razor...but seeing what you like, I don't think it is the perfect fit for you. If you remember I tried to tell you that, last time we met ;)

I might have a complete opposite taste in razors (it took me 5 shaves to get 1 bloodfree shave from the R41), but I have tried many and I think I can judge pretty well, what people like in one or the other...

I also see, that at the top of the pyramid (ie Wolfman) most people fall in love (doesn't matter if they come from the aggressive or mild side)...but I would definitely recommend you to go with a more aggressive version of the Wolfman (larger blade gap), should you every buy one.

I also think, that people love Wolfman's, because they are fantastic and and very well thought through razors - the fit and finish is just the icing on the cake.

Another piece of advice (be it a very dangerous one): I think you should try the R41 with a feather blade - and try to do only one pass (ATG - of course only if you shaved the day before). If it works (and I know there are some who shave with this setup), you can do a daily one pass shave to achieve BBS - the dream of many wet shavers.

Another thing you might want to look at: modern SE's that take the long Feather blades. They can definitely be as or more aggressive than the R41 (I am thinking the original Mongoose, but I am sure there are many more - NOT the ATT and NOT the RazoRock Hawk though - they are mild).

i do remember you mentioning a razor to me last time we spoke, but i cant remember for the life of which it was.. must of been the ATT by the sounds of it... you certainly seem confident that i will love the ATT H plates and you know my love of the wolfman so i might just get me an ATT for xmas, got to spend my xmas money on something ;)

In your opinion how can you best describe the difference between the ATT and the Timeless?

loading the R41 with a feather? i will absolutely try this as i dont mind feather blades. The sharpness is of no concern to me the only thing that i dont like of the feathers v the polsilvers is the smoothness factor. I find the feathers a little rough, which with a R41 may be an issue, but then again it may not be, i will try it shortly for sure.

but the comment with one ATG pass.. wow!! that is something that would of never crossed my mind and i dont really feel comfortable with that but once i get a few more weeks practice with the R41 under my belt i will give it a try, only because of the potential of a 1 pass BBS, imagine that!!!

as for SE.. these actually put fear in me and i doubt i will ever have the nerve to try one out

loading the R41 with a feather? i will absolutely try this as i dont mind feather blades. The sharpness is of no concern to me the only thing that i dont like of the feathers v the polsilvers is the smoothness factor. I find the feathers a little rough, which with a R41 may be an issue, but then again it may not be, i will try it shortly for sure.
OR! You can loaded with

Kai-razor-blade_2000x.jpg