Travel kits

$qwuzzy

Hey everyone

So what kit does everyone take while travelling?
Carryon only v packed luggage?

Myself?

Generic - travel brush from Shavemac, Proraso pre and shaving cream, Nivea AS balm, and some kinda of cologne sampler.
Carryon - Unfortunately disposable Mach3 razor
Packed - Was my old generic open comb (first DE razer), but I'm thinking I might take my Muhle R41 now - just really really like the shave! Blades are usually mixed (feather, astra, persona and now bolzano)

Thinking about going a very basic travel kit - palmolive shave stick (packed in a tin), maybe a TOBS Jermayn AS (really really love it!).

Just read about BIC sensitive disposables (orange handles) on B&B
Anyone used them?

Dirt cheap - definitely better value than Mach3.
Might have to pick one up to give it a whirl...

I am yet to find a disposable that does a good job - the Old Gillette Blue II was passable. BICs are horrid in my experience.

I am heading to Brisbane for a week as of tomorrow. Yet to finalise my kit, but likely is:
  • Common-bar NEW
  • Voskhods
  • Trumpers Violets tube
  • Kent VS80
  • Nivea Sensitive ASB.

What I really need to get is a wet-pack to put it all in.

$qwuzzy, I honestly thought your BIC comment was a trolling attempt.

I realise you are talking about using one for the convenience of a travel razor...but still :p

I am yet to find a disposable that does a good job - the Old Gillette Blue II was passable. BICs are horrid in my experience.

I am heading to Brisbane for a week as of tomorrow. Yet to finalise my kit, but likely is:
  • Common-bar NEW
  • Voskhods
  • Trumpers Violets tube
  • Kent VS80
  • Nivea Sensitive ASB.

What I really need to get is a wet-pack to put it all in.
You're really digging this russians, aren't you?
Just how many did you buy?

$qwuzzy, I honestly thought your BIC comment was a trolling attempt.

I realise you are talking about using one for the convenience of a travel razor...but still :p
Actually not trolling at all. Was a serious question.
If I'm able to pack luggage then of course a DE razor is going to make it in. But if flying with carryon luggage only, what do you resort to?

There was a recent thread on B&B were a lot of people were recommending the BIC sensitive (orange handle) or BIC metal. Haven't ever used either. Might be worth a whirl for the price. The last thing I'd want is to go away and shred my face 'cause I picked up a crap razor!

Carry on, I'll have to go M3 or Sensor - whatever I've lying around.

Off to the Gold Coast for 7 nights next week, no carry on, but going minimal, got 3 kids so we'll take more stuff than Elton John going on an overnighter.

HD, Semogue 620, Proraso cream and some Proraso AS in a pump bottle, same for Brut. I never thought I'd ever say I love Brut. But there, I said it.

You're really digging this russians, aren't you?
Just how many did you buy?
I bought 200 Voskhods. He sent 300.

I only had the first shave with them this morning, but I want to try and give them a good go for a while before passing judgement. But initial shave was very good.

EDIT: I packed:
Fatboy
Voskhods
VS80/Omega29
TOBS Jermyn SC
TOBS Jermyn AS
Nivea Sensitive ASB

Yeah, probably overkill but meh.

Omfg I need to be more serious about travel shaving. I'm in Mildura until Monday, and ended up having a most disgusting shave earlier with some Coles branded disposable razor and a travel can of Nivea shaving foam. Blegh.

In my searches this morning for a Feather Portable I came across a Merkur Travel razor on shaving.ie for 32 euro. But what's best to do with brushes when traveling? Just get a cheap boar and replace when it dies?

Anybody have tips for protecting the bristles so they dont get smushed around when in transit?

I bought 200 Voskhods. He sent 300.

I only had the first shave with them this morning, but I want to try and give them a good go for a while before passing judgement. But initial shave was very good.

EDIT: I packed:
Fatboy
Voskhods
VS80/Omega29
TOBS Jermyn SC
TOBS Jermyn AS
Nivea Sensitive ASB

Yeah, probably overkill but meh.

lol that isn't a travel pack, that's just taking half your shit with you when you go somewhere :p

Omfg I need to be more serious about travel shaving. I'm in Mildura until Monday, and ended up having a most disgusting shave earlier with some Coles branded disposable razor and a travel can of Nivea shaving foam. Blegh.

In my searches this morning for a Feather Portable I came across a Merkur Travel razor on shaving.ie for 32 euro. But what's best to do with brushes when traveling? Just get a cheap boar and replace when it dies?

Anybody have tips for protecting the bristles so they dont get smushed around when in transit?

Slot your brush inside a toilet roll holder and pack it in against something?

The best way is to get a small wet pack. I'm just using a small bag that came with a travel toiletries pack- I can fit a razor, pack of blades, the Jermyn AS splash, and two brushes.

As for protecting the knot, I'm only traveling with two cheap boars so I don't really care, but usually I would get a piece of card or paper and basically tube up the knot, secure with a piece or two of sellotape.

There are also a number of travel brushes, most have a hollow handle which the knot lives in, you unscrew it and take it out, then screw it the other way into the handle.

There are also some plastic tubes I have seen with some vendors which look handy.

Ah cheers. I've got a wetpack but it's pretty lame in size, might look at finding a better size, especially since it's gotta hold a toilet roll style package now as well (which I like that idea too, pretty innovative :) )

What's travel?
I got the feather portable, men U boar and proraso if I had to go anywhere. But the only "travel" I do is moving house (hopefully)