Two Razorock synths--anyone tried them?

khun_diddy

diddy_arko!
State Rep - SA
Hi folks,

My trusty Omega S-brush is getting on a bit so I'm thinking about getting a new synth. The two that have caught my eye are:
  1. RazoRock 400 Plissoft (black matte handle),
  2. RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir (butterscotch handle).
I've never used a Plisson style knot before and I've always wanted to try one. The long handle also looks very interesting.

So who's lathered up with one of these? Any good?

Have have & used this Razorock 400 Plissoft butterscotch (to me it is a boss knot).

I love the knot, not too soft compared to a plisson and firmer tips so as a face lather I can get vicious & scrubby with it then light swirl/patting/painting for a softer experience. To me synthetic are so versatile, can smash a lather with any soap and last nearly forever, quick dry... Blah blah (as you already know).

I personally like a longer handle as a face lather and I stand my brush up between passes. So easy to pick up again when bulging with lather. Gets deeper into tubs and your hand grip changes more so less chance of a cramp.
But this model is light and can be top heavy so placing it down carelessly may cause it to fall over. Not a biggie but frustrating in a rush as more mess to clean up afterwards.
My real dislike is the colour. Not a fan of butterscotch, more of a dislike, can't explain it, sorry @Mark1966 (YMMV).

Also have and used synthetic brushes from Muhle Plissonese (L'Occitane), Zenith, Frank shaving & Yaqi's.
Happy to share my opinions on them if warranted.

My real dislike is the colour. Not a fan of butterscotch, more of a dislike, can't explain it, sorry @Mark1966 (YMMV).

Yeah, that soap hasn't been sent yet has it ...

Actually I was not a butterscotch fan for quite a while, then I began to appreciate it - but only the authentic ones, not the modern copies. On the real ones each is slightly different ...

I agree with everything said above about the Razorock 400 Plissoft butterscotch.

I've had one for around 6 months I believe and have been using it exclusively for the last 7 weeks while traveling.

For me it's somewhere between the density of my Maggards plisson style synth and my tuxedo knot in my Tony Forsyth custom.
But has slightly less soft tips then both.

For the cost I think it's great value, a very versatile brush, great for face, head and bowl.

I also agree that it does knock over easily if you're not careful. A solution to this may be the aluminium handles they offer for a slightly higher cost as the handles are said to be a bit heavier. I haven't used one of the aluminium handled ones though.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, that soap hasn't been sent yet has it ...

Actually I was not a butterscotch fan for quite a while, then I began to appreciate it - but only the authentic ones, not the modern copies. On the real ones each is slightly different ...

Lol your're right I should know where my bread is buttered though that colour suits you :sneaky:

The RR 400 brush I own was fairly cheap and lathers up very well. Too bad the postage is a killer but if you can find one at a good price then grab one as they're a good knot :)

I picked up mine when Italian Barber had them for a crazy cheap price, it is by far my favorite synthetic brush, and I mean light years ahead of my others.
I picked up the model with a rubberset 400 clone handle, it's amazing