Two year soap collection

Bicep123

Cleaned out my bathroom closets, put a few soaps that weren't being used into long term storage, but decided to take a quick pic of the whole collection before putting most of it away.

Almost 2 years, I think, but who knows? Probably less. I have 99 soaps. Basically 1 soap a week, which doesn't sound as bad. Still can't promise a sabbatical, because there's a few more soaps I want to pick up before end of year. I am pickier with what I buy though, instead of being governed by FOMO. Well, sort of.

BdLdgNG.jpg

Cleaned out my bathroom closets, put a few soaps that weren't being used into long term storage, but decided to take a quick pic of the whole collection before putting most of it away.

Almost 2 years, I think, but who knows? Probably less. I have 99 soaps. Basically 1 soap a week, which doesn't sound as bad. Still can't promise a sabbatical, because there's a few more soaps I want to pick up before end of year. I am pickier with what I buy though, instead of being governed by FOMO. Well, sort of.

BdLdgNG.jpg

No Squadron??????

Nice collection - what would be your top 10 favourites, and why?

I like variety, but if I had to lean toward a certain type of scent, it would be bright and citrus.

Top 10 - in no particular order (and this changes all the time depending on what I feel like/ new products coming in).

1. Southern Witchcrafts/APR - Gravefruit (and I'll be picking up the SW/Chatillon Lux version too).
2. Barrister & Mann - Rhapsody.
3. Spearhead Shaving - Sea Spice Lime
4. Noble Otter - Rawr
5. Noble Otter - The Noir et Vanille
6. Barrister & Mann - Le Grand Chypre
7. Declaration Grooming - Yuzu, Rose, Patchouli
8. Wholly Kaw - King of Oud
9. Zingariman - The Nomad
10. House of Mammoth - Mood Indigo

Looking again at your collection, I see a category that (apart from Tabac) is unrepresented: triple-milled hard soaps. Having comparatively recently rediscovered them, I'd say they're another rabbit hole worth exploring. Suggestions:
D.R. Harris
Pre de Provence
Czech & Speake/Valobra (available in a few places still as NOS)
Saponifico Varesino
Henri et Victoria
Fine

Looking again at your collection, I see a category that (apart from Tabac) is unrepresented: triple-milled hard soaps. Having comparatively recently rediscovered them, I'd say they're another rabbit hole worth exploring. Suggestions:
D.R. Harris
Pre de Provence
Czech & Speake/Valobra (available in a few places still as NOS)
Saponifico Varesino
Henri et Victoria
Fine

With the amount of soap I have now, I can't really see the advantage of purchasing a soap that will 'last longer'. I may pick up some PdP or HeV in the future, as well as some MdC (not tripled milled, but still a hard long lasting soap). I'm avoiding all the C&S/Valobra drama. It also doesn't help that their soap is horrifically overpriced.

With the amount of soap I have now, I can't really see the advantage of purchasing a soap that will 'last longer'. I may pick up some PdP or HeV in the future, as well as some MdC (not tripled milled, but still a hard long lasting soap). I'm avoiding all the C&S/Valobra drama. It also doesn't help that their soap is horrifically overpriced.

Do you have any creams?

I wouldn't suggest it's worth buying hard soaps because they last longer. (Though I guess other things being equal, they probably do.) No, I suggest it because they give a quite different shave to most artisan soaps, and I'm very tempted to say they're preferable. Certainly next year I'm going to be buying a lot more of them. Not C&S though. As you say, they are expensive but I already have 7 spare pucks of O&C for when my current one runs out...

Do you have any creams?

I have Body Shop Maca Root and Wholly Kaw La Supérieure Dulci Tobacco. I also have (not pictured) a tub of Jack the Barber Sandalwood, Palmolive shave cream, tube of Faulding and Gillette Pure. A friend has been trying to get me onto Trishave cream for ages, I'll probably get a tube of that sooner or later lol.

I can't lather cream off the face and I'm usually too lazy to bowl lather. Creams only get used on occasion.