Utter desperation Chocolate thread

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
In a desperate attempt to get some action going on this site decided to create a Chocolate thread. Had one previously on a headphone site I once was a member of. So was Drubbing. He doesn't like white chocolate and this almost lead to a break up of our on-line relationship. But we've managed to patch things up.

Let me start by saying I'm dieting at the mo so all this is basically drool material for me. Secondly, I'd like to congratulate Cadbury for bringing back their original cholcolate bars which are loaded with real nuts rather than those little crushed up bits that basically served as floss fodder.

Fire away folks. If this subject doesn't get you going, you're either all like me on a diet or in addition to disliking white you dislike all or you're all just miserable people.

One word, Haigh's.

I lived in Adelaide for a while and this was a guilty pleasure, I think my wife is actually addicted to it.

I dislike sweet food in general, but I do like dark chocolate. Who can recommend some? The darker, the better.

Pjotr = Uncultured Philistine!

Haigh's Chocolates

started in Adelaide now have shops in Melb and Sydney.

As you've indicated they only have shops in SA, Victoria and NSW which with all due respect makes them the uncultured philistines. It looks damn good. I would have been on a diet much sooner if they were more easiy available to WA.

I dislike sweet food in general, but I do like dark chocolate. Who can recommend some? The darker, the better.

Haighs dessert block (and please send a block to Pjotr) they have stores in Richmond, Block arcade and Toorak.

or Lindt 70% cocoa or lindt with sea salt or lindt with chilli. Cadbury old gold (rum and raisin or roast almond) are also good.

Hmm, might not just be my wife with a problem.

Fucking Cadbury...what shite that stuff is.

I prefer a bit of Margaret River gear, or some lindt with chilli.

Definitely dark chocolate.

I am a white chocolate freak.

Lindt Lindor White.
Lindt White block.
Green & Black's White Chocolate w/Madagascan Vanilla (amazing stuff)

Also like most of the Lindt range. There's a few I don't.

Cadburys is okay in a pinch. Don't like Haighs White, it has a weird taste to my palate.

My mum (back in the UK) has a subscription to the chocolate tasting club at Hotel Chocolat/, and has now sent over two care packs of them for my wife.
They really are very nice. The last pack we got set was the summer version of Chocolate Tasting Club Fortified Selection from Hotel Chocolat and some of these have been truly spectacular. Although I have only been allowed to taste one or two (and generally only the ones Mrs Egg doesn't like).
TC-WINTER-PUDDINGS-BOX-HEADER-733x259.jpg

/Edit I read somewhere that these are now being sold in David Jones. Can't check personally as the closest one to me is over 3500KM away.

Last edited:
While we were in Macau earlier in the year my wife picked up a bar of one of these.
marou-01.jpg

A Vietnamese Single Origin bar of dark chocolate by Marou. Very fruity but so rich you would only want one small piece at a time.

I am a white chocolate freak.

Lindt Lindor White.
Lindt White block.
Green & Black's White Chocolate w/Madagascan Vanilla (amazing stuff)

Also like most of the Lindt range. There's a few I don't.

Cadburys is okay in a pinch. Don't like Haighs White, it has a weird taste to my palate.

Good man. I think it's Lindor that used to do a white chocolate almond bar. Has to be up there with my all time favorite. Haven't seen it around for a whie.

For people with loads of exotic shaving gear, most of you seem to have a pretty vanilla taste in chocolate.

Geddit?

White chocolate is the devil's own handiwork.

Eggy...who would have thought that under that rough NT exterior lies the soft, praline heart of a choccie snob :laugh: They look yummo though! I like a nice dark chocolate myself but I don't search out exotica.