Value of a Slim, Fatboy and Black Beauty

Dustin L

Hey fellas,

I have an opportunity to purchase a fatboy, slim and black beauty for 100CAD shipped for all three.(basically 100AUD)

The razors are in good mechanical condition with minor plating loss and minimal wear in general. Not sure of date codes yet.

I have taken a look on eBay but was wondering if you vintage razor officianados could give me some advice on wether or not that is a decent price assuming all is working well with the razors.

Cheers

I would have said -

fatboy, $50
slim $40
black beauty $40

But yeah, not a bad deal at all if in decent condition!

Links broken when I click on it

Hmm works for me, but that's most likely because it's from Facebook and I'm signed in and part of the group it's posted in.
Not sure how to get around that.

I'm going to grab them provided the video shows good working order mechanically.

I'll probly shave with the 3 and keep my favorites and sell on the rest to put into restoring the one I keep!

Hmm works for me, but that's most likely because it's from Facebook and I'm signed in and part of the group it's posted in.
Not sure how to get around that.

I'm going to grab them provided the video shows good working order mechanically.

I'll probly shave with the 3 and keep my favorites and sell on the rest to put into restoring the one I keep!
If it's pics then just save to desktop

mVI9wkQh.jpg

Ok hope this works, here is the only pic I have at the moment, like I said not much too work with, hoping to get more pics soon.

Thanks all

A Fatboy in good working condition for $50?? That would be a lucky purchase.
$100 for the three razors is an excellent price,especially shipped.

Yeah if you keep your eyes open you can pick up a user grade working one for that. Just have to be patient.

$100 for all three is a good deal if working certainly

Hey fellas,

I have an opportunity to purchase a fatboy, slim and black beauty for 100CAD shipped for all three.(basically 100AUD)

The razors are in good mechanical condition with minor plating loss and minimal wear in general. Not sure of date codes yet.

I have taken a look on eBay but was wondering if you vintage razor officianados could give me some advice on wether or not that is a decent price assuming all is working well with the razors.

Cheers
Unfortunately as a collector of both vintage and modern razors the Gillette vintage razors have lost their value and can now be purchased at very reasonable prices
As an investment I wouldn't advise but they offer a timeless shave experience although no where near what a modern razor can provide

Defenitely not buying them as an investment.

More to just try them out and see what they are like.

If any of them suit I may sell the other two and put it towards getting one refinished by delta echo or something like that.

We will see. Getting them shipped to my parents house in Canada so I won't be able to shave with them until Christmas anyways.

After checking the razors and sending me a video of them in action the seller discovered that the Fatboy had a problem with one barn door closing. It needed to be pushed closed the last little bit, other than that it seems to be functioning well and I'm good nick.

So with that being said I ended up with the three razors plus another Fatboy with case in better condition than the first for 125 shipped.

Fairly pleased with that and looking forward to seeing them in person at Christmas.

Thanks for the help everyone. I will defenitely post pics once I have them in my hands and may be asking for some wisdom in how to fix the barn door on the one Fatboy.