Vintage blades

Gimli

Is there really a market for vintage blades or is it all just hype? See them often on ebay for exorbitant prices for a mere handful of them per listing

Do people actually use vintage blades in their DE, and if so, what's the reasoning for them versus newly manufactured ones? I have a Wahl shavette and use Derby Extra blades (I get these for free from a friends fiance, who runs a hairdressing supply business). Is there any reason to track down some vintage ones?

There are certainly plenty of enthusiasts who swear by them. Though, I haven't noticed it myself.
But if they have good experiences with them, they should go for it.

I have heard that the vintage blades often get better results in vintage razors by virtue of being thicker.

Waiting for @SpeedyPC with an ‘opening canid worms’ gif ...

Some vintage blades, Personna 74 and Wilkinson “Light Brigades” are the stuff of legend - and you will pay though the nose for them.

Others are more reasonably priced and can be brought in bulk lots at good prices sometimes. Many here have a decent stash.

I will generally get a week easily out of a vintage blade. A modern one I find should be changed after 3-4 shaves.

Waiting for @SpeedyPC with an ‘opening canid worms’ gif ...
giphy.gif