Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Just stumbled across these pics - thought I might throw into a post here to show @SpeedyPC

8i9wnmpl.jpg

R0dMUACl.jpg

ftatsndl.jpg

RSCoIMGl.jpg

I really like the toggle. I am actually looking to buy a toggle and a fatboy for my collection. None of the Gillette adjustables that I have actually shave all that great, but they do look nice. 😁

People have no idea what great value the fatboy was in 1958. Gillette brought out the Fatboy in 1958 for $1.95 and in today’s money that is $18.75. How many of us would pay this price if Gillette started making them again? Obviously, these prices are in US dollars.

Multiple Toggles club member reporting to this post :)

Love them all!

I've only ever seen the nickel / chrome one in that squarish case so I'm presuming that's the correct case for that razor?

Has anyone EVER seen one of those cases (ie case only) come up for sale. At the moment mine is living in one of the long rectangular toggle cases. I would really like to get a "correct" case for it

Last edited:
Love them all!

I've only ever seen the nickel / chrome one in that squarish case so I'm presuming that's the correct case for that razor?

Correct

Has anyone EVER seen one of those cases (ie case only) come up for sale. At the moment mine is living in one of the long rectangular toggle cases. I would really like to get a "correct" case for it

I've not been looking for years, but you might find one