Vintage Japanese blade that one of you may like?

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Just found this, and thought maybe one of the Oz cuzzies might like it.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/health-be...07.htm?rsqid=0b3ab660289f4952accb97cd62461405

Aussies are welcome to buy/sell on Trade Me. Just start an account (yeah, it's free).
If you find something you like and want to buy but maybe the seller can't be faffed with sending to Oz, then I'm happy to act as a middleman for you.
While you are looking at that listing check out some of the other old straights. Nice looking blades in there.

Crikey :wideyed: how the hell can somebody shave a curved straight razor, bloody crazy Japanese straight razor

I’m 100% sure that Horse can handle any crazy issues with a Japanese curve straight razors, I’m sure Horse loves to belt the living crap out of Freddy Krueger anytime, if, he wanted another bloodbath shave from mad angry Horse

Last edited:
Crikey :wideyed: how the hell can somebody shave a curved straight razor, bloody crazy Japanese straight razor

I’m 100% sure that Horse can handle any crazy issues with a Japanese curve straight razors, I’m sure Horse loves to belt the living crap out of Freddy Krueger anytime, if, he wanted another bloodbath shave from mad angry Horse

I have one of those and they are actually not that bad to shave with (easier in some spots than an normal straight, like under the sides of the jaw) but they are a little more work to maintain... Getting past the initial fear of it was probably the biggest challenge.

Nice razor I have honed a few of those, the SK1 is the most curved the SK2 and SK3 are more usable although all of the SK razors will give you a nice shave, I very much like a curved blade.

PaOyOK6.jpg

0eKjm9b.jpg