Vintage Travelling Blade reviews: Schick Plus Platinum

Anyone tried these in a Krona?

Wondering if that would be an ideal match! I have one here that isnt getting any love, as I havent found a blade I liked in it.....

Anyone tried these in a Krona?

Wondering if that would be an ideal match! I have one here that isnt getting any love, as I havent found a blade I liked in it.....

Are you kidding me? You put these in your favorite razor and keep'm there for ten shaves.

It's only been there for about a week.

Only just noticed mine too. I would say I am sick of them, not full of them, but whichever way you look at it, I have more of them than I desire to.

All these cool people with their custom user titles. Makes a person feel decidedly average ;)

I didn't get to try a Schick blade in the original travelling pack (there was one left when the pack got to me, but it looked like it had suffered during postage so I didn't risk it). But, Mark to the rescue! Looking forward to trying them- sounds like they last ages.

All these cool people with their custom user titles. Makes a person feel decidedly average ;)

All you need to do is cross the mighty moderator Drubbing and you to will get a "cool cutom user title". It isn't that hard to do and if only the greatest post in the history of this board hadn't been sent to Moderator oblivion, you could have seen how to do it.

All you need to do is cross the mighty moderator Drubbing and you to will get a "cool cutom user title". It isn't that hard to do and if only the greatest post in the history of this board hadn't been sent to Moderator oblivion, you could have seen how to do it.

I have professed a love for Arko, and I don't own a 34C. Isn't that enough?

I have professed a love for Arko, and I don't own a 34C. Isn't that enough?

No mate I will try to track down the thread where big bad Drubs enumerates his pet hates then it is up to you to create a coherent blog that includes them all. Before you know it you to will have a similar cool quip like mine. (Of course there is only one first). :)

Mate if I had those Mod powers I'd do something about the title but alas I do not :wacko:

I have professed a love for Arko................. Isn't that enough?

No, Drubs appreciates expressed feelings of love or hate (preferably the latter) when it comes to shaving stuff.

I didn't get to try a Schick blade in the original travelling pack (there was one left when the pack got to me, but it looked like it had suffered during postage so I didn't risk it)........

Now this is better! Throwing a Shick....that could well get you a title courtesy of RM. Hell, based on this vile act, I'd give you a less than complimentrary title of I could.

Last edited:
Beware the wrath of PJ!

If you hear someone going through your bins at night, it'll be him looking for that blade. :laugh:

Haha, believe me it wasn't something that I did lightly. The blade had some rust and a bit of a weird smell. The PIF package looked like it had suffered at the hands of Australia Post a bit, so I don't know if the blade was exposed to the elements too much or something like that. All the other blades were fine though, so who knows?

Anyhow, thanks to Mark it sounds like anyone who wants to try this blade but hasn't yet will have the chance :)

............The blade had some rust and a bit of a weird smell. The PIF package looked like it had suffered at the hands of Australia Post a bit......

Looks like your postie's got an excellent taste in DE blades.

Smelling a blade? I'd be worried I'd lop the end of my nose off!

Nope, it wasn't a case of 'hmm, let's hold this blade near my nose and smell it'. When I unpacked the PIF I noticed that the Schick had some rust/corrosion on it, and when I picked it up I also noticed it had a weird smell. Those two factors together were enough to make me bin it.

Happily, Mark has come to the rescue and I can still try out a vintage Schick after all (blades should be here today actually).

Probably doesn't fit here as this blade wasn't part of the Vintage Traveling Blade PIF but just had the first shave with the stash that Mark sold on. Man it's smooth! I had problems getting the blade out of the dispenser. Got a feeling that it's a lubricant that was applied during manufacture to enable the blade to slide out easily. Of course over the years it's now a bit gummy and sticky. Nothing wrong with the blade and most of it appears to have dissolved and disappeared. I don't think these blades were teflon coated (doesn't say so on the packaging) so it can't be due to that, although I can't imagine teflon degrading like that.

Have you of heard this before RM?

... I had problems getting the blade out of the dispenser. Got a feeling that it's a lubricant that was applied during manufacture to enable the blade to slide out easily. Of course over the years it's now a bit gummy and sticky. Nothing wrong with the blade and most of it appears to have dissolved and disappeared. I don't think these blades were teflon coated (doesn't say so on the packaging) so it can't be due to that, although I can't imagine teflon degrading like that.

Have you of heard this before RM?

A few people said the same thing in relation to the blades in the PIF - I know I had trouble with the dispenser :mad: