Virtual Shaving - your chance to practice your technique (and aviation related stuff)

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Figured I had better post this in the Shave University.

I'm sure this is a tutorial - isn't it?

What am I talking about? Check it out here

ENJOY!

Figured I had better post this in the Shave University.

I'm sure this is a tutorial - isn't it?

What am I talking about? Check it out here

ENJOY!

Flash only game? I thought Flash died a few years back...

I stumbled on this thread last night, and all I can say is that little game was so addictive, I've just put my head up and it's morning. Wow! :giggle:
…never heard of Godrej before….is it like India's Proraso?

Like Proraso, they're website offers some deep and insightful shaving tips, but I like best their shaving facts

Incredible But True

• There are about 30,000 beard hairs on the face of the average man—the greatest concentration on the chin and upper lip.
  • Hair grows about one millimeter a day.
  • Hair grows faster during the day than at night.
  • The ideal shave angle (razor blade meeting the face) is 28-32 degrees.
  • Hair on the neck grows parallel to the skin.
  • 42% of men report that they have no facial hair.
  • 34% say they have a moustache, 19% with sideburns, 17% have a goatee, 6% have a full beard, and 3% have a soul patch.

Astonish Your Friends

• The average man will have spent 900 hoursshaving (the equivalent of 37 1/2 days) between ages 15 and 75.
  • The majority of men, 84%, shave at the sink. Another 15% of men shave in the shower.
  • Men between the ages of 18 and 24 shave an average of four times a week.
  • Men over the age of 35 shave an average of six times a week.
  • The average man begins to shave regularly when he begins to work regularly.
  • The average man spends 10-15 hours a year shaving.
  • The average shave lasts 3 ½ minutes.
Bit concerned about that last one….typical men! Not s fast as a @Mark1966 6 minute pre-airport shave but hey they're probably talking carts.

Last edited:
Yes mate - Godrej is like India's Proraso.

Certainly worth a try - and cheap too!

Godrej is not setting the shaving world on fire nor breaking new ground but it is a good value for money cream.

Cheap too. I think it was around $4 - $5 a tube last time I got some locally.

42% of men report they have no facial hair? I call bullshit on that.

Can usually find it in Indian supermarkets.
Not the ones near me. Perhaps not enough demand. I'll try some stores in Little India (Harris Park).

Not the ones near me. Perhaps not enough demand. I'll try some stores in Little India (Harris Park).
Next time I go past the one i got it from (Prime Products in Osborne Park) I will see if they have any and grab a half dozen for distribution on this forum if anyone is interested.

Next time I go past the one i got it from (Prime Products in Osborne Park) I will see if they have any and grab a half dozen for distribution on this forum if anyone is interested.
I'm in.
(oh Harris Park - brings back memories working in Parra!)
P.S., I hear they come in three flavours - just like Proraso - I'd take one of each if there's a choice.

Thanks JugV2! Yep. I'll also be up for that.

If I ever get out of Darwin I might be able to pick up those godrej cheaper in Malaysia than you can buy them here.
Flight has been delayed by 8 hours, but will hopefully leave at 2pm tomorrow.

Flying Jetstar so there's no chance of me getting compensation for the AirAsia flight that we are now going to miss?

Flying Jetstar so there's no chance of me getting compensation for the AirAsia flight that we are now going to miss?

Safe travels Eggy!
Yeah, Jetstar isn't the best at following through with things like that. I hope you are able to get it sorted without too much trouble.

Because we found out so late, I've just gone ahead and booked another set of flights for me and Mrs Egg - which means we are $300 out.
However including all that, we are still unable to claim on my credit card travel insuarnce as we haven't spent over $1000 each on travel expenses.

Because we found out so late, I've just gone ahead and booked another set of flights for me and Mrs Egg - which means we are $300 out.
However including all that, we are still unable to claim on my credit card travel insuarnce as we haven't spent over $1000 each on travel expenses.

Argh! Don't you just hate when that happens!!!?!

Safe travels Eggy!
Yeah, Jetstar isn't the best at following through with things like that. I hope you are able to get it sorted without too much trouble.
No choice flying out of Darwin when I bought those tickets. The only options flying internationally then were J*, AA, or SilkAir - all supposedly budget airlines.

Malaysia airlines now flies out of Darwin, but not back when I bought the tickets. And even if I did fly MAS it would still be more expensive than the amount I am already out of pocket. Unless it was one on my bucket list.

Unless it was one on my bucket list.
Oh snap! :LOL::ROFLMAO::p
For those missing the reference, try here

AXM (AA) is they way to go. We have just booked for May/June next year, YSSY > KL, doing the train from KL to PEN, PEN > KCH, then KCH > KL > YSSY. $1300 all up for the both of us. If you are only Malaysia, AA is definitely the only carrier you want. I am pretty sure they only go A320's out of Darwin though, Sydney gets A330's which are much nicer!

MAS would be the last carrier I would fly with right now. Does Garuda fly out of YPDN?

What's with the new airport codes? When did they come into operation?

Airasia only flies to Bali from Darwin, so we would have to have at least two stops to get to Penang, whereas it is only one stop going J* via Singapore.