Voskhod Teflon coated edge issues

Happy to take any Voskhod blades off your hands - in denominations of multiple of 100's - one never can have enough of them in the den.

I always managed to get 1 great shave out of them in the R41, but then they were simply kaputt...these days I use a blade only once in any razor...life is too short for non-perfect shaves ;)
Don't say that too loudly around @SpeedyPC. Apparently you're supposed to stretch your blades until you've got no skin left on your face. (Even if you have bazillions of blades.)

Personally, I don't much care for the flayed look, it's just not fashionable.

Don't say that too loudly around @SpeedyPC. Apparently you're supposed to stretch your blades until you've got no skin left on your face. (Even if you have bazillions of blades.)

Personally, I don't much care for the flayed look, it's just not fashionable.
giphy.gif

I found that Mostochlegmash blades (Voskhod, Ladas, Rapira etc) never do well in the standard Muhle/EJ head. Derbys were also terrible in it. In fact, I would go as far as to say that any DE8x or R89 razor is not a good choice for those starting out because of that. Go for a Merkur.

Honestly, the best thing you can do if you think you have a dud blade is to swap it into a Superspeed or adjustable derivative head (so a Slim, Fatboy or Super-Adjustable) on #5 and see how it shaves. It is surprising how well these razors handle a wide range of blades. You will pretty much get the most a blade can offer out of a Slim in my own experience.