PER WA Wet Shavers' Annual Meetup 2017- 2pm at the Sail and Anchor on December 28th

Troops not only had my job been unable to move but there is now another 2. Unfortunately gotta earn the $$$$$ even more so as our dog has just been found to have pancreatitis!
It never ends!
Have a cracking time Troops! Hopefully do one I the new year that I can actually make it along too!

Have a lovely new year guys

Cris

Less than 24 hours to go so I thought I'd take some pics of what's on offer for those Perthians who can make it...

IMG_20171227_153802.jpg

Here is the LC New for @Bucephalus plus my APR LE Borked aftershave and my aluminium General that people can try out.

IMG_20171227_153757.jpg

These are the wonderful vintage blades.

IMG_20171227_153728.jpg

Then I have these to give away: samples, joke disposable razor, Avon Wild Country AS, two handsome brush soakers, Movember AS, Traditional Barbers Beard Oil, Proraso Green Pre-Shave.

And these to swap: Two unobtainium Shaver Heaven Aftershave Balms and a matching Beaver Woodright James Moody soap and AS. Coz I can't sell the James Moody here for love or money :)

Troops not only had my job been unable to move but there is now another 2. Unfortunately gotta earn the $$$$$ even more so as our dog has just been found to have pancreatitis!
It never ends!
Have a cracking time Troops! Hopefully do one I the new year that I can actually make it along too!

Have a lovely new year guys

Cris

Totally understand. Hopefully this one will be the start of many. The other states have quite a bit of a start on us :)

Here is the LC New for @Bucephalus .....

Received and retrieved from mail box Scott. If only AusFarce were as quick as you, we'd be happy as pigs in sihte!
A BIG thank you and will return probably on Sunday early afternoon if suitable.

Jim

Ha. I was supposed to post a summary and I got distracted at a friend’s house afterwards.

While we only had 3 people at the meetup it was utterly a proper one and I’m hoping we can grow this. To all the Westralians this is what happened and this is what I hope we can include more people in:

- We chatted non-stop from 2pm to practically 5pm. Lots of shaving banter, of course, but we had a chance to diverge into artisanal Gin and premium Russian and Polish Vodkas. I am now going to purchase a number of these... especially the Gin. Anyone with an interest like wetshaving is BOUND to have other interests they’re just as passionately knowledgeable about.

- We all left with cool booty brought by others. There was swapping and there were generous freebies. We even got to sample cool things you can’t even buy in WA. This is the key part of the meetup culture we need to foster because it’s the chance to actually sample things in first person. This is why I was keen for @Bucephalus and @TomG to borrow my razors; we need more in Perth than just hopeful blind buys to grow our collections.

- The relaxed venue was great up on the balcony with place to layout stuff and enough space to chat without being drowned out. Whomever planned this location originally last year has a winner for daytime meets.

We have vintage blades left and several other things like Handsome Brush Soakers we can rollover to the next one. I will keep this in trust till then. If there is interest in moving to a 6 month pattern then we should start thinking about June or July winter location and time that @Cris can keep free - maybe an evening?

As I’d heard from others, one of the best parts of wetshaving community is the meetup process. Every time I’ve caught up with wetshavers I l]have learnt more and had fun. Join in!

Ha. I was supposed to post a summary and I got distracted at a friend’s house afterwards.

While we only had 3 people at the meetup it was utterly a proper one and I’m hoping we can grow this. To all the Westralians this is what happened and this is what I hope we can include more people in:

- We chatted non-stop from 2pm to practically 5pm. Lots of shaving banter, of course, but we had a chance to diverge into artisanal Gin and premium Russian and Polish Vodkas. I am now going to purchase a number of these... especially the Gin. Anyone with an interest like wetshaving is BOUND to have other interests they’re just as passionately knowledgeable about.

- We all left with cool booty brought by others. There was swapping and there were generous freebies. We even got to sample cool things you can’t even buy in WA. This is the key part of the meetup culture we need to foster because it’s the chance to actually sample things in first person. This is why I was keen for @Bucephalus and @TomG to borrow my razors; we need more in Perth than just hopeful blind buys to grow our collections.

- The relaxed venue was great up on the balcony with place to layout stuff and enough space to chat without being drowned out. Whomever planned this location originally last year has a winner for daytime meets.

We have vintage blades left and several other things like Handsome Brush Soakers we can rollover to the next one. I will keep this in trust till then. If there is interest in moving to a 6 month pattern then we should start thinking about June or July winter location and time that @Cris can keep free - maybe an evening?

As I’d heard from others, one of the best parts of wetshaving community is the meetup process. Every time I’ve caught up with wetshavers I l]have learnt more and had fun. Join in!

Sounds like a great meet up - and well done to @Greenpike for taking the initiative :)

Last edited:

Absolutley! and I think what you are doing is fantastic :)

Start my new job this month so once he training is done I should have a good idea on my roster! Look forward to meeting up with you lads!!!