Wash/Dopp bag suggestions?

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
Inspired here by this awesome array of travel essentials kindly shared by @Pbgoose, I've been meaning to ask P&C members for suggestions for an appropriately capacious wash bag (dopp bag) to accommodate all of our gear. I've been getting by for a few years with a cheap crappy affair that's bursting at the seams.

And yes indeed, some of us can travel, just not interstate...

Ooh, nice. When money's no object... :love:

I have no trouble imagining what would happen if I forked out £160 on a wash-bag. At best, I would be traveling by myself. :ROFLMAO:

10% off if you sign up to their newsletter, so only £144 - better?

Not sure exactly what your key travel criteria are, mine is having light weight kit as I usually take carry on luggage. Consequently leather is too heavy and this Kathmandu number is my preference. Toothbrush and [travel size] toothpaste in the middle section. Deodourant and comb etc on one side, shaving supplies (twin blade cart, shave stick, travel brush, aftershave sample(s) and EDP sample size) in the other. If I'm away for long enough the tube insert comes too, with my GoToobs filled with shampoo and conditioner.

40510_kitlite_c_k21.jpg

10% off if you sign up to their newsletter, so only £144 - better?

Not sure exactly what your key travel criteria are, mine is having light weight kit as I usually take carry on luggage. Consequently leather is too heavy and this Kathmandu number is my preference. Toothbrush and [travel size] toothpaste in the middle section. Deodourant and comb etc on one side, shaving supplies (twin blade cart, shave stick, travel brush, aftershave sample(s) and EDP sample size) in the other. If I'm away for long enough the tube insert comes too, with my GoToobs filled with shampoo and conditioner.

40510_kitlite_c_k21.jpg
that's a nice looking kit. I prefer to check luggage unless it's a day trip. I love the idea of using samples as a space saver.

Not sure exactly what your key travel criteria are, mine is having light weight kit as I usually take carry on luggage...
I'm with @Pbgoose here. Travelling light sucks. It should be done for pleasure or not at all. Being shoehorned into an unsanitary metal can elbow to elbow (and knee to bottom) with hundreds of other hapless souls does not count as pleasure, more like slaves in a galley. But i guess my perspective is coloured by coming from a time when travel was still done via train or ship. However, even when I do fly for whatever reason, I still check in my bag.

Here's a thought though: if you want to save weight, you could shave your head, and that way you don't need shampoo, conditioner or a comb... :LOL:

I'm with @Pbgoose here. Travelling light sucks. It should be done for pleasure or not at all. Being shoehorned into an unsanitary metal can elbow to elbow (and knee to bottom) with hundreds of other hapless souls does not count as pleasure, more like slaves in a galley. But i guess my perspective is coloured by coming from a time when travel was still done via train or ship. However, even when I do fly for whatever reason, I still check in my bag.

Here's a thought though: if you want to save weight, you could shave your head, and that way you don't need shampoo, conditioner or a comb... :LOL:

I travel [-led] on short 1-2 night trips domestically and being able to walk off the plane straight into the hire car without waiting to collect bags is my much preferred option, I even get antsy on the few occassions that I've had to sit at the back of the plane - it takes SOOOO long to get out!

On overseas trips I obviously take checked baggage but even then I've learned not to take those 'just in case' items so my checked bag is pretty close to being able to be carry on if I wanted to. When travelling around, say Europe, by train and ship I find a lighter bag is much easier to get onto the train and ship . Some of us don't get valet parking and porters carrying our stuff around :LOL:

This is my dopp kit that I currently use. Yes its large, waterproof, and can hold all of my toiletry items. I keep my medication separately. Purchased on Amazon about 3 years ago. Still in great shape from 2 years worth of travelling and some hospital trips last year. I will be repacking it to update blades and few bits and pieces.

I have a Fossil one for ~8years now...still looks as new except the leather on the zip has come off...looks actually better now with just the brass zip.

Really like the leather on mine, so if they do the same quality, I'd absolutely recommend it.

They don't have my exact model anymore but this brown one is on sale...
https://www.amazon.com.au/Fossil-Fr...sory/dp/B077Y5ZN3S?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

That's a nice looking dopp bag.

Tip
For those that travel, know how hotel bathrooms can be cramped at times especially if travelling my with company, and how water somehow always floods the top of the vanity top, and miracoulsly inside your dopp bag if you leave the zipper open. This never happens at home. Highly recommend whatever dopp, toiletries, shave bag you keep your gear in, that it has waterproofing properties to keep your gear dry, and you keep the zippers closed at all times.

Cheap'n'Nasty from Target' many many moons ago for about 5 bucks . Travelling to Melbourne this week and decided to travel light a small puck deserves a small brush + covid necessities mask and hand sanitiser
ZjBhk6i.jpg
v2lg1uX.jpg

Does the job and hook is very handy