Watch suggestions.....

That said the Sportura Kinetic GMT's are a nice watch, only 100m WR though.

...My SNZH was like that, and thus sold it.

In reality, how many people use their watch at 30m under? It's just another number for WIS to wank over.

Same with hacking v non-hacking. Of you need to be accurate to the second you either need a cosc watch or a decent quartz. Doors it really matter of you are 30 seconds late to your lunch date?

Ah. I'd have been interested in the SNZ.

In reality, how many people use their watch at 30m under? It's just another number for WIS to wank over.

Same with hacking v non-hacking. Of you need to be accurate to the second you either need a cosc watch or a decent quartz. Doors it really matter of you are 30 seconds late to your lunch date?

He's an angry man, but a smart man.

Right on bro!

I think I could get away with 100m, but mmmm I just like not having to worry about it!

1a7eddd8d7fd595efdc0085c2cff5e9a.jpg

c597fbcb3c3504897f4745ff432ed313.jpg

I like both of these. Either one will be on a nato strap.

"No half measures......"

I think I could get away with 100m, but mmmm I just like not having to worry about it!

1a7eddd8d7fd595efdc0085c2cff5e9a.jpg

c597fbcb3c3504897f4745ff432ed313.jpg

I like both of these. Either one will be on a nato strap.

"No half measures......"

You like more than.....

Seiko-Prospex-SUN019-Kinetic-GMT-Diver-281291.jpg

SUN019

...or....

Seiko-Prospex-Kinetic-GMT-Divers-watch-9.jpg

SUN023

both under $500 new

...oh how I love Tunas

Last edited:
I prefer watches without those complications. Especially when it's an automatic you may not wear every day and will therefore run out of steam at some stage.

Not angry @stillshunter, but I could do with spell checking a bit more frequently. I doubt there is more than one person here who needs 100m WR or more. Most divers won't get much lower than 30-40m.

Agreed @eggbert, I have my Advance Open Water Dive qual and the deepest I'm certified to go is 40m and I'd use a dive computer over a watch any day.

Most people only get their Open Water Dive qual which certifies them to 30m from memory.

It's not the WR that makes it worth diving with. It's about the extra gaskets and features that stop water getting inside the watch in the first place.

Plenty of 100m WR watches drown in 2-3 m of water.

I prefer watches without those complications. Especially when it's an automatic you may not wear every day and will therefore run out of steam at some stage.

Not angry @stillshunter, but I could do with spell checking a bit more frequently. I doubt there is more than one person here who needs 100m WR or more. Most divers won't get much lower than 30-40m.

All going well, it will be a EDC item.

It's not the WR that makes it worth diving with. It's about the extra gaskets and features that stop water getting inside the watch in the first place.

Plenty of 100m WR watches drown in 2-3 m of water.

That gives me some more faith, are seiko on of those?

"No half measures......"

Any reasonable watch with 200m WR will be in a far better position for a dunking than a 100m WR rating. It's not just static pressure you need to think about - it's the dynamic pressure of diving into the pool which exerts more pressure on gaskets than simple immersion.

Honestly, any 200m rated Seiko, Orient or Citizen will work just fine with extra 'margin' of safety, even for swimming. As long as it is a decent brand, you will be fine.

pffffft my Tuna goes down to 1000m. I need this as I'm a pretty serious hand washer!

b3e490e60a62566ea0d824dc3d5be97a.jpg

(image from web, not mine...though I do own the exact same model watch)

Dude it's a Kinetic....Quartz, you can load up the complications without complication.

Seiko-Prospex-SUN019-Kinetic-GMT-Diver-281291.jpg

Why don't they state the IP rating? That system tells you right away what it is tested against. Eg flooding, or water jet, etc.
I guess they are all IP8 so they don't bother but what you really want is an IP5 & 8 for example. Don't have to worry about taking it off when washing the car, using a high pressure water cleaner or as pointed out, diving into water from any height.

Why don't they state the IP rating? That system tells you right away what it is tested against. Eg flooding, or water jet, etc.
I guess they are all IP8 so they don't bother but what you really want is an IP5 & 8 for example. Don't have to worry about taking it off when washing the car, using a high pressure water cleaner or as pointed out, diving into water from any height.
Because it is a static pressure test to a pressure (thus depth).

I have a Seiko 5 Sports Automatic for nearly 5 years now and still going, this model is still available on the market.

snzg15j1-1.jpg

I've been wearing a activity tracker for a while. Having not worn a watch for about 15 years, I realise how much of a pain it is keeping my phone handy is to check the time. However the tracker does alert me to texts and calls which is very handy.
Never been into watches as fashion, I've still got a nice basic TAG from 20 years ago, that needs a battery and a new strap as I hate bracelets. But those two things would cost me a lot more than new Seiko like the SNK.

I'm looking at one of the new ones of these, as reviewed here. https://www.youtube.com/embed/CNzB9ahEcAM

Also possibly the SNZ. These 2 seem superb value for someone who still think $1000 for a watch is nutso. Would like to hear about these any other others worth looking at in the $100 bracket, and where to buy. Skywatches SG seem to be out of almost everything they're supposed to sell. Apart from a version of the watch pictured above, which seems a steal for $72 delivered.

I've been wearing a activity tracker for a while. Having not worn a watch for about 15 years, I realise how much of a pain it is keeping my phone handy is to check the time. However the tracker does alert me to texts and calls which is very handy.
Never been into watches as fashion, I've still got a nice basic TAG from 20 years ago, that needs a battery and a new strap as I hate bracelets. But those two things would cost me a lot more than new Seiko like the SNK.

I'm looking at one of the new ones of these, as reviewed here. https://www.youtube.com/embed/CNzB9ahEcAM

Also possibly the SNZ. These 2 seem superb value for someone who still think $1000 for a watch is nutso. Would like to hear about these any other others worth looking at in the $100 bracket, and where to buy. Skywatches SG seem to be out of almost everything they're supposed to sell. Apart from a version of the watch pictured above, which seems a steal for $72 delivered.
I've tried replying 3 times, but my phone has crapped out on me each time, so here's a list to look at instead:
As you've already got Seikos listed I won't add any more.
Casio edifice watches look nice for that price range
Invicta 8926 (or similar) if you like divers watches
Orient mako is an alternate dive style I think looks nicer than the above but is usually a little higher in cost (check camelcamelcamel)
Timex expedition or weekender.
There are also some nice citizen eco-drives around that price.

Make sure the watch has decent WR or it might die on you first time you go to wash the dishes.

Last edited:
I shook that off ages ago....

Cheers. I've been on Creation and would max out at $200 which opens up probably more than I need look at. The $75 SNK gets a few bad reviews for shitty timekeeping, often losing 10m a month, which isn't disastrous, but means adjusting it, I'd rather pay more to get something more reliable.

Japanese made and an alarm would be nice. But that probably goes into chronograph territory, and despite having mastered a modern day tracker with all sorts of interesting features, tachometers (does anyone use these things?) and watches loaded with interior dials seem like a waste face real estate. Too busy.
But this is my style.
seiko-5-sport-automatic-navy-blue-canvas-mens-watch-snzg11_1.jpg

Yeah, I think I could get used to something like that @Drubbing

c0b7cd7074.jpg

Depends on what the budget is for a suggestion on watches. I have a few 200 region watches but also spalshed out on a few dearer ones. I like my Glashutte Day Date, which is needing to be fixed as the date dial arm has come off. The other i have in my arsnal is my favourite Mont Blanc GMT.

Last edited: