Watcha wearing today?

Sorry boys. Sold my watch on eBay shortly after I retired. Wrist felt naked for a time, but now the thought of a watch is totally alien. Generally, I don't give a shit what time it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
bGragSP.jpg

Not my watch, nor was it today. But I just stumbled across this thread in the forum and wanted to share my cousins IWC Portugese Perpetual Calendar. A true beauty of a watch!

Looking forward to seeing some of the watches in other members possession!

Just my Dads watch nothing special maybe in itself but as its my Dads watch that makes it special to me
34f9817563907c882a0e984f45b4bd93.jpg

I've got my Grandfathers gold watch - similar to that one. I haven't worn it for a couple of reasons but I should dig it out and post a photo here since you're all experts and might appreciate a vintage watch. It might be rubbish for I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
bGragSP.jpg

Not my watch, nor was it today. But I just stumbled across this thread in the forum and wanted to share my cousins IWC Portugese Perpetual Calendar. A true beauty of a watch!

Looking forward to seeing some of the watches in other members possession!

Now that I like! Very nice.

Just looked it up... the calendar is only good for 299 years. Not very perpetual!
perpetual_calendar_2014.65852f70c7bf6a76d9b0a0cd1d1ecbab.jpg

So when you said you only had one watch, you failed Accounting 101. Not a fan of the busy dials myself, but that one is nice.

I think if you check I was careful NOT to say I had only one watch (see what doing a law degree does) but ...

No, as an accountant you have the ability to demonstrate that 1 can be both more than 1 and/or less..depending on who is asking and for what reason.

... this also applies :)

I agree @Drubbing that this dial is not too busy - but certainly not as easy to read from a quick sideways glance when you don't want to be notice looking at your watch!

A gift from my wife a couple of Christmases ago -

The brief was:
  • automatic
  • clean, uncluttered face so I can see time at a glance in meetings
  • band not bracelet
  • buy online rather than paying Aussie retail tax.

I gave links to some suggested options. How do you think these suggestions worked out?

At least it was on special and I've grown to really like it :)

@Mark1966

The usual - but with a little lume happening this morning in a darker room -

Nice to have a [business] casual shirt with decent (variable) sleeve length to go with my watch today -

9:00am meeting in Parliament House - had time for a quick photo beforehand -

Apologies for the flare from the lights

9:00am meeting in Parliament House - had time for a quick photo beforehand -

Apologies for the flare from the lights

+1 Same old, same every other day, same old, same every other day, same old, same every other day, same old, same every other day..........Aaah crap I give up you all know what I am wearing all the time because I've only got one bloody watch.

+1 Same old, same every other day, same old, same every other day, same old, same every other day, same old, same every other day..........Aaah crap I give up you all know what I am wearing all the time because I've only got one bloody watch.

That is why I try and add some context - for variety!

1e3ed8924e5eccfeafdf4b5ce04d6a79.jpg

Not sure what it is about this watch but I do love it.

Simply, clean, elegant - what is there NOT to love!