Watcha wearing today?

Finally arrived today no thanks to AUSPOST but I got it and wearing it :)
ItFsjri.jpg

Finally got a strap for the Seiko. Had to wait while they sent a replacement, as the first one was different from what I ordered, and was an awful thin plasticy looking thing, with diagonal tripes on. It made this watch look awful.

I must admit the Seiko bracelet grew on me, as it's a really good fit (when you can get the bastard thing on...), but I think the leather works really well. This is a Hadley Roma unlined strap and a chunky 4mm.

I got a Eulit perlon in grey as well and it's a very nice strap as perlon goes, I got the thick weave version. But on this watch it's just not working. I thought it might work on the Tag, but I can't find anything that makes me want to wear that again. It's just too small.

I'd really like to find a nato that could work with this watch. A cream or black. Not sure if it would look right though. But Natos are my go to with the Seiko 5

IMG_2361.JPG

Last edited:
Extremely stunning timepiece mate. One of my favourites. I have the aquaracer.

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of possibilities."

MacGyver
Thanks Dan. This watch was a gift from my wife after our wedding. The square face isn't for everyone but I personally love it. Your aquaracer is a nice looking watch, it's a model on my short list.

Thanks Dan. This watch was a gift from my wife after our wedding. The square face isn't for everyone but I personally love it. Your aquaracer is a nice looking watch, it's a model on my short list.

Thanks. My wife got it as a present for making manager at work. I also like the heuer silverstone

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of possibilities."

MacGyver

Finally got a strap for the Seiko. Had to wait while they sent a replacement, as the first one was different from what I ordered, and was an awful thin plasticy looking thing, with diagonal tripes on. It made this watch look awful.

I must admit the Seiko bracelet grew on me, as it's a really good fit (when you can get the bastard thing on...), but I think the leather works really well. This is a Hadley Roma unlined strap and a chunky 4mm.

I got a Eulit perlon in grey as well and it's a very nice strap as perlon goes, I got the thick weave version. But on this watch it's just not working. I thought it might work on the Tag, but I can't find anything that makes me want to wear that again. It's just too small.

I'd really like to find a nato that could work with this watch. A cream or black. Not sure if it would look right though. But Natos are my go to with the Seiko 5

View attachment 1063
The strap looks amazing on the Seiko. Three weeks back I also managed to get a leather strap I finally liked for mine. Mine is almost similar than yours accept it is black leather with red stitch work.

No new watches for me, but I have gone a bit silly with straps. I ahve about 9 Natos and 3 Perlons, which I've decided I don't like.

I really like Natos with my 5, but have been a bit underwhelmed by offerings so far. I have bought a coupe at cheapestnatostrap and Holbens (where I got my leather one) I realise Natos are a cheap option, but knew there had to be 'watch forum' versions out there - you know, the strap that can even keep the way too-picky, happy.

So these are from Blushark in the US. Same price as most others, but far better. These are the Orca's, thicker at about 1.5mm, so those who like a really tight tuck on the loop over will struggle, but I think they'll wear in. The premium versions have really nice buckles. They are very smooth, feel nice and are really comfortable. I can recommend these, and they shipped pretty quick, packed nicely with just the usual Aus delay.

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

I bought a Bond and Black and they have a buy 2 get 1 free, so I thought I'd try this mocha with my SARB. It had to be the right colour to even have a chance of working. I think I could sport this at the office. I've ordered a proper spring bar tool. I actually liked the bracelet on the Sarb, it was a good fit and comfortable, so I'll probably use it again. But they are bastards to get on and off.

IMG_2387.JPG

The Perlon is a Eulit palma, with a thicker weave. Considered the best, but I just don't think it works with this watch. It is certainly far better than most cheap perlons, which are a horrible nylon plasicky weave, many of which have cheap shit buckles too, and all feel scratchy. Eulit are nice, but I just don't think I like Perlon
IMG_2397.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, did consider those, the RAF ones look worth a go. The Mocha Orca I have on my SARB reminds me of the Zulu material.

What I found, buying these things from 3 different places, is some people are charging way more for essentially the same straps. I can't tell any of them apart.

The ones I got from Strapcode, I wouldn't recommend. Cheap Natos and Perlons like everyone else sells, but way higher prices. cheapestnatostraps are for those that aren't picky and are happy with papery thin natos and long waits for postage.