Watcha wearing today?

Stowa Flieger

jquqn4hl.jpg

I love the simplicity of flieger style watches. The sterile dial and lack of date really kick this simplicity up a notch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stowa Flieger

jquqn4h.jpg

I love the simplicity of flieger style watches. The sterile dial and lack of date really kick this simplicity up a notch.

Why do I always end up Googling your watches

2McigJV.jpg
Vintage IWC dress watch.This was my grandfather's watch. He died a few months before I was born and my grandmother gave it to me as a birthday present as a teenager.

I think this planted the seed of my watch obsession. I remember being intrigued by how much it was supposed to be worth when valued for insurance. I'd never thought about a watch as anything special before.

I suspect it's not worth a great deal in monetary terms as it's had restoration work done many years ago. However the sentimental value is tremendous for me, as a reminder of people and events long gone.

It's not really a shorts and t-shirt kind of watch, and I almost never suit up or wear a jacket. Nonetheless I try to make make an effort to wear it every few months even if it doesn't particularly go with the clothes.

Last edited:
I'm dog sitting for my brother, I think it's miniature poodle. I've also got my own Cavoodle and they look almost like alike. Lovely, gentle, little guys.

Hopefully once he is 'assimilated' we will get another chance to have a look up close. I wish my girly wrists could pull off some of those huge styles, but it's not going to happen, even if I flex my hardest! :confused:

Last edited:
Alpha Gmt

3Ni3zo8l.jpg

jFoNCofl.jpg

On the ferry en route to Luna Park with the kids. If you are out there somewhere shavingsailor Godspeed on your mission . :LOL::p

I got this to scratch an itch for a Gmt style watch with Pepsi bezel. Alpha has a mixed reputation, but oddly enough this is up with my most accurate mechanical watches.

Quite a surprise as I had low expectations. I decided this isn't really my style, so I rarely wear it. But today I am reminded that it's a good looking, sensibly sized, light and wearable watch. Too nice to be a beater really.

Last edited by a moderator: