Watcha wearing today?

Feels a bit small after my 5. But then, I first got that and thought it was a f'kin aircraft carrier. Then I check it in the mirror and it wears just fine. Then I see all these watch shots on the net with blokes wearing monster size watches whose dials are falling over the edge of their wrists. So 42mm is good. But a bit big for wearing with shirt cuffs.

The SARB at 38mm is a better size for shirts. Still not into the bracelet and it was a bugger to resize the links and fit back on, and another reason why I don't like them; it's a pain lining up those end links into the lugs

Love the sze of the SARB. It's a sweet spot aint it?

I think so too - the 39/40mm always seems to fit the bill. It's nice that there's a big range in this size at affordable price points, particularly among Seiko and Orient.

The SARB at 38mm is a better size for shirts. Still not into the bracelet and it was a bugger to resize the links and fit back on, and another reason why I don't like them; it's a pain lining up those end links into the lugs

Really don't see the appeal of bracelets much - as you say, they're a pain. In the corporate world these days, a lot of young blokes wear "aircraft carriers" on massive, ill-sized bracelets and it looks garish to the point of being ridiculous. A nice leather band is better looking, easier to switch up and more comfortable.

Canberra public holiday so roughing it like I like it

14449994_10205679803792847_5265021071281322156_n.jpg

Same watch - but different time!

Breakfast done, in the lounge, flight ready!

I say, that watch would be highly useful for billing in 6 minute increments....

A very clean, crisp & sharp look too Mark. I like it a lot. Top show!

Canberra public holiday so 'roughing it' like I like it (#studyday)

Thanks @todras - but no more 6 minute increments for me :)

Kruger v Commonwealth (1997) 190 CLR 1 aka Stolen Generations Case.

Oh yes. :cool:

That's a sharp timepiece too!

Far more dressed up today -

... but the same watch!

A lot of Seiko. Great brand with a good reputation

MacGyver

It is indeed - not Swiss but still 'true to brand' I think - some honesty about that.

@Mark1966 looks like you're forearm and wrist need a bloody hair cut :p:D if you look closely :rolleyes:

Ummm, no!

Your Seiko is such a beauty I would also wear it every day. I like your style Mark.;)

Thanks mate, just a simple Seiko 5 - purchased from another member here to replace one (on a strap) my daughter 'stole' from me!

It is indeed - not Swiss but still 'true to brand' I think - some honesty about that.

Ummm, no!

Thanks mate, just a simple Seiko 5 - purchased from another member here to replace one (on a strap) my daughter 'stole' from me!
Simple you say but then I think I like these simple watches.:) My daily watch is the Seiko SQ and I have a Citizen Seven which is quite similar to the Seiko SQ but it fell from my arm one day in the street and came to a complete stop. I'm still sad about it when I see it in my drawer and must actually make some plan to get it up and running again...

The strap on my Seiko is not original and I’m on the lookout for an original strap and was also pondering with the idea of replacing it with a black leather strap but I’m still not hooked on the idea…

A gift from my wife a couple of Christmases ago -

The brief was:
  • automatic
  • clean, uncluttered face so I can see time at a glance in meetings
  • band not bracelet
  • buy online rather than paying Aussie retail tax.

I gave links to some suggested options. How do you think these suggestions worked out?

At least it was on special and I've grown to really like it :)

So when you said you only had one watch, you failed Accounting 101. Not a fan of the busy dials myself, but that one is nice.

So when you said you only had one watch, you failed Accounting 101. Not a fan of the busy dials myself, but that one is nice.

No, as an accountant you have the ability to demonstrate that 1 can be both more than 1 and/or less..depending on who is asking and for what reason.