Weishi Adjustable

Mitcon

I may regret it, I just may not lol who knows... But thought I'd try a adjustable to dip my toes, been enjoying the 4 fixed razors (1 I bought and hey wife got me another 3 different types all based on EJ type heads). Anyways, got the Weishi off Amazon and we'll see what happens once I get to slash up my ugly mug with it.

Well guess what the Postie came with this arvo?????

Q4mIteS.jpg

Will see how it goes over the next few shaves...I was surprised at the weight, 110g... Looks good operation seems smooth, alignment seems good...will have to see how it performs...

Well guess what the Postie came with this arvo?????

Q4mIteS.jpg

Will see how it goes over the next few shaves...I was surprised at the weight, 110g... Looks good operation seems smooth, alignment seems good...will have to see how it performs...

Interesting - is that the same as the Yintal razor? Looking forward to a shave report on this.

I'm a total nOOb so I can't say anything for certain, but it certainly looks alike. I could be guessing but I think Yintal may be the place of manufacture/outlet (China). It certainly has a look and take on a shaver made by Qshave and Wieshie together on kickstarter the "Parthenon ".

In fact I also plan on getting my hands on the "Parthenon " so on those fronts I may be able to compare at a later point. This Wieshie Nostalgic adjustable model I grabbed was $33 AUD on Amazon.

I'm a total nOOb so I can't say anything for certain, but it certainly looks alike. I could be guessing but I think Yintal may be the place of manufacture/outlet (China). It certainly has a look and take on a shaver made by Qshave and Wieshie together on kickstarter the "Parthenon ".

In fact I also plan on getting my hands on the "Parthenon " so on those fronts I may be able to compare at a later point. This Wieshie Nostalgic adjustable model I grabbed was $33 AUD on Amazon.
As a budget TTO the Yintal is great value and quality build on par with my Parker Variant - shaves pretty good too... Looking forward to your thoughts on the Weishi TTO.

Seems they are the same razor from what I can tell, I think it's a case of designed by Weishi (Japan) and made in China which may be Yintal that do the production. I doubt they are just a clone/copy but yes they look the same and have the same specs/design. Looking at Yintal add for their adjustable matt black TTO it even says "YINTAL New Adjustable Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor Matte BLACK Brass Razors Designed By WEISHI".

Will try it out tomorrow most likely but I expect it'll be as you have suggested, which sounds like it's an ok razor for the price.

WoW! I think that is the best BBS I've had so far.
Quality and build seems quite good, heft is nice @110grams and operation is silky smooth. Blade alignment worked perfectly each time I tried it, with only side ear tab protrotion varying which is easily held centre by yourself when closing the doors if bothered. Blade edge was even on both sides without issue, I started on level 1 and thought with my sensitive skin that would be enough. I found it very mild to be honest, much more mild than the EJ89 clones I've been using. Dialed up to 3 and thought this is nice but seemed so easy and smooth I went upto between 4 and 5 and wow, not a single nick (and I still had a scab from a previous slash lol). Dial is easy to move but once you snug the doors closed it doesn't move on it's own at all.

I love it, far better than I had anticipated in fact and I prefer it to what I have. I think until I get something else I find I prefer this will be my daily. Nice, solid feel, smooth operation and trouble free in use with a pretty damn nice shave...Best I've had in years and I was starting to think it'd be a junker maybe...Not bad at all.

edit: I just noticed this thread in in the "General" section. Sorry for my nOObness, could a mod please move it if it needs to be to the correct section...Cheers.

Seems after a bit you can no longer edit.

Forgive me folks, I forgot to add which blade I used....Personna platinum/israeli reds. It came with 5 Wieshi but I wanted something I knew as I'm not as experienced as many and wanted to remove as many unknown factors as possible.