SYD Western Sydney Meet in March

Hocky27

Hi guys,

Browsing the forum long enough to realise there seem to be quite a few people from Western Sydney so thought I'd float the idea of a meet up.

I figure it a great way to put faces to names & also check out products that people wouldn't otherwise get a chance to get a hold of without committing to purchase.

Looking at a weekend in March. So who's keen?

Interested. Keep me posted.

Although I'm not west, so a more central location would be appreciated :)

Give me enough notice and I will be in.

The time we had a meet up at Parramatta worked well location wise, just a suggestion.

Lithgow is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar west, perhaps we could go bug Con ?

No way I'm heading out to Lithgow for a day trip... Sorry, but it's too far.

The pilgrimage to wet-shaving mecca will have to wait a while. Parra is good, as is Blacktown. Penrith is pushing it a bit.

Wow didn't think I'd get such a warm response!

Well Parramatta will probably be the location selected as most people seem happy with that. Not exactly enthusiastic to go out to Lithgow @borked.

Will have a bit more of a think about the venue & announce a date in the near future to hopefully ensure we get maximum attendance!

Wow didn't think I'd get such a warm response!
Well, we haven't had a meet for a few months now and the Dec one didn't work out. So it's over due. Also, when a newer member wants to kick it off- double thumbs up!!!

Well Parramatta will probably be the location selected as most people seem happy with that. Not exactly enthusiastic to go out to Lithgow @borked.
If Con can make it, he'll come to Sydney for the meet. So it's not necessary (this time) to head that far west.
(FYI: Con's store - The Stray Whisker - is in Lithgow.)

Will have a bit more of a think about the venue & announce a date in the near future to hopefully ensure we get maximum attendance!
[emoji106] Thanks mate. We'll leave it in your hands. Let us know if you'd like any help with it.

Parramatta is about as far west as I'd like to go.

there's a shaving store in lithgow ?
Unlikely, but yes. Although not strictly setup fully (as it's a warehouse), I'm sure you'd be able to arrange a visit with Con (The Stray Whisker). [emoji6]

So, for those of you who have been to meet ups before how did you go about telling your wife/husband/SO that you're going to meet a bunch of blokes you talk to about shaving on the internet? She already thinks I'm a weirdo for watching shaving videos on YouTube and posting here.

So, for those of you who have been to meet ups before how did you go about telling your wife/husband/SO that you're going to meet a bunch of blokes you talk to about shaving on the internet? She already thinks I'm a weirdo for watching shaving videos on YouTube and posting here.
My wife is okay with it (even though she still thinks it weird). I've talked with her about it being a hobby and meeting some blokes. We trade soaps and lend each other gear (so don't have to spend). As long as it fits around the family, going to a meet up is okay for me.

Positioning shaving as a hobby rather than a chore/domestic duty in their mind is half the battle.

At that point it becomes no different than talking about cars or sport.