Wet Shaving Podcasts

StueyB

I've been listening to podcasts for about 10 years and as I found that I was looking for new content I decided to look to see what Wet Shaving podcasts were out there.

So far I've listened to three podcasts and would like to share my thoughts on them

BrushnSoapnBlade – Wet Shaving Podcast
Where we look forward to shaving every day!
By Rick DeWeese in South Carolina, US
Itunes link
Website link
Length approx 1 hour
This is a weekly podcast from a wet shaving enthusiast outlining his journey with all things wet shaving and quite a few things outside of wet shaving. A very relaxed format, Rick does daily SOTD (often from his truck on the road). I've listened to about a dozen episodes of this podcast and Rick has covered straight razors, DE razors, fountain pens, ironing tips, knots and a car crash - literally.
Rick sometimes interspersed his SOTD and product reviews with mini rants that are often somewhat off topic.
Not a lot of news but a great insight into one person's views on wet shaving products.

Wet Shaving News
By Andrew Barton in US
Itunes link
Website link
Length 30-40 minutes
Wet shaving News is hosted by Sharpologist. So far there are only 3 real episode - the first one was an introduction inteerview with Andrew and @mantic59 - and the format is still coming together. Currnetly the format is an overview of general Wet Shaving News and a list of new products that have just been announced or just released (currently ordered by release date). Then there has been an interview with an artisan soap maker - Stirling, Soap Commander and Deluxe Soaps so far. Andrew is very easy to listen too and the audio quality is top notch.
Very informative (if US-centric) podcast.

Cutting Edge Wet Shaving Podcast
By Douglas Smythe & Con 'Shave the man' Kazantzidis
Itunes link
Website link
Length approx 30 minutes
The only Wet Shaving podcast I've found so far that has an Australian aspect. Con (@shavetheman) has joined Douglas from How To Grow a Moustache for a light-hearted look at Wet Shaving. The podcast is still in its infancy and Douglas and Con appear to be still trying out where the podcast will go. Thy give us some weird shaving related news or history along with the Wet Shaving catch ups (P&C meet ups have been mentioned at least three times that I recall), but this is more a couple of mates catching up to talk shaving over a couple of beers than a serious new podcast. At times is seems Con is struggling to keep Douglas on topic. An amusing view on the Wet Shaving community from both sides of the pond.

I recommend giving these a listen if you enjoy podcasts or have a long commute. I'll add to the list if I find any more

I love the idea of podcasts (and their video counterparts), but have rarely found any that I visit more than once or twice.

In fact at present there are only 2 that I watch / listen to with any regularity, and one of those closed down in 2014 (so I am playing catchup).

Nice reviews @StueyB [emoji106] Thanks for the summaries, the links and your thoughts on each.

@D_Smythe points out in this weeks Cutting Edge Wet Shaving Podcast that I missed the Moustache & Blade podcast. This is true and my only excuse is that last episode came out after I started to listen to Wet Shaving podcasts.

I'm now trying to remedy my error by listening to the back episodes. I'll update after I've listened to a few episodes.

On a oblique tangent to the Podcast thread, I've also been watching/listening to the Wet Shaver's Round Table.
This is a very informative and amusing show that features Douglas Smythe (@D_Smythe) & Con 'Shave the man' Kazantzidis (@shavetheman) and number of wet shaving enthusiasts from the US. They share their favorite Wet Shaving equipment, soaps, and other items. If you can get in time you can join in the fun via Google Hangouts or Twitter.
The only thing that detracts from an otherwise excellent show is the sound quality. The show is still having teething problems - one early episode lost all sound about half way through and another had one member that couldn't be heard. IMHO this is worth sticking with just for the range of new products that they bring to my attention.

IMHO this is worth sticking with just for the range of new products that they bring to my attention.
For others, this makes it a good reason to avoid. [emoji6]

For future reference @filobiblic, those on sabbaticals would do well to ignore shaving related websites period.