What do you have in the post right now?

I am sure I can PIF the YAQI's if not satisfied.
Razor stand to get >$45 free shipping
9vun8iC.jpg
You’ll love the YAQI Sagrada Familia it’s not extra dense, just dense and it’s fantastic for face lathering, feels like a Chubby 1, trust me you’ll love it. Not sure about the other brush.

You’ll love the YAQI Sagrada Familia it’s not extra dense, just dense and it’s fantastic for face lathering, feels like a Chubby 1, trust me you’ll love it. Not sure about the other brush.
I hope so speedy, because I cannot master bowl lathering with B&M soaps and current synth

UciexWI.png

Fatip Piccolo SE thanks to the Bay and a fellow wet shaving gentleman over in UK cleaning out the den
He had a few slants on offer incl. Parker Semi Slant but convinced me neither were better than the 39C and German 37.
Couldn't resist the Piccolo after reading threads comparing to R41 and JAWS

I hope so speedy, because I cannot master bowl lathering with B&M soaps and current synth
Apparently I am overloading the brush and not using enough water for this low structure lather

Will from Barrister and Mann explains to the guys from West Coast Shaving.

Cris from Another Cut Above

Apparently I am overloading the brush and not using enough water for this low structure lather

Just keep on trying and keep on learning grasshopper is not bloody hard, I love both face and bowl lathering.

Have you ever watched Michael Freedberg on youtube he always uses a lather bowl (loading bowl) and he still face lather as well?

Just keep on trying and keep on learning grasshopper is not bloody hard, I love both face and bowl lathering.

Have you ever watched Michael Freedberg on youtube he always uses a lather bowl (loading bowl) and he still face lather as well?

Thanks Speedy some good videos available. I like his wet face lathering technique. Results should be better now that I know B&M are thirsty. I also feel the Maggard 24mm Synthetic is too spongy.

I really struggled with these soaps for a while, so much so that I sold my first batch off. Then when I saw them on sale at The Stray Whisker I decided to try again. I have seen the above video before, but for me this didn't work. Here's what I do, and again for me I have found that a synth works better than animal hair. Maybe this will work for you to, but if not, do not give up as when dialed in they produce a superb lather.
  1. soak the puck with a little bit of water
  2. after a minute tip the water into my lather bowl
  3. dip the synth into this water
  4. load the brush heavily, I'm talking about 30 - 45 seconds, at least, with a good amount of pressure. This is where I differ from the video, I overload. Again, this has worked for me.
  5. start lathering in the bowl adding water slowly
  6. After about a minute or so you should be getting a soft marshmallowy type lather. This is where I stop, I find that if I add more water now it becomes too wet.
  7. rinse my face with water leaving a thin layer to build on.
Using the above technique has given me some superb lathers.

I really struggled with these soaps for a while, so much so that I sold my first batch off. Then when I saw them on sale at The Stray Whisker I decided to try again. I have seen the above video before, but for me this didn't work. Here's what I do, and again for me I have found that a synth works better than animal hair. Maybe this will work for you to, but if not, do not give up as when dialed in they produce a superb lather.
  1. soak the puck with a little bit of water
  2. after a minute tip the water into my lather bowl
  3. dip the synth into this water
  4. load the brush heavily, I'm talking about 30 - 45 seconds, at least, with a good amount of pressure. This is where I differ from the video, I overload. Again, this has worked for me.
  5. start lathering in the bowl adding water slowly
  6. After about a minute or so you should be getting a soft marshmallowy type lather. This is where I stop, I find that if I add more water now it becomes too wet.
  7. rinse my face with water leaving a thin layer to build on.
Using the above technique has given me some superb lathers.
I would agree! I made a tub of reserve spice last 36 (i think) shaves. I applied pressure and went considerably longer when loading than what was advised by Will.

My only difference to the above was i face lathered each time and had no problems. I still have a tub of Classic to use at some point.

Lol this thread has gone way off topic....so I’ll keep the trend going:

I’ve been using this technique
for the last few months. It’s working a treat, including Barristers Reserve soaps

Hair Material: Synthetic Pony Knot
Handle Material: Resin
Brush Knot Diameter: 26mm
Loft size: 55mm
Handle height: 77mm (+/-1mm)
Widest diameter of the handle:
I would love to hear how you go with that. I've been looking at the pony and mew brown knots for a while but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

no problem will report back in the SOTD threads once i use it. The Mew brown is an excellent knot as is the tuxedo. All yaqi synthetics have a very soft feel, the mew brown has more splay and a little less backbone than the tuxedo.. i love both these synthetics

As a comparison the only other synthetic i have is the RR Silvertip and i really dont like that at all compared with the yaqi's.. it feels quite 'fake' and springy to me, but these yaqis are an excellent product and quite cheap also.

no problem will report back in the SOTD threads once i use it. The Mew brown is an excellent knot as is the tuxedo. All yaqi synthetics have a very soft feel, the mew brown has more splay and a little less backbone than the tuxedo.. i love both these synthetics

As a comparison the only other synthetic i have is the RR Silvertip and i really dont like that at all compared with the yaqi's.. it feels quite 'fake' and springy to me, but these yaqis are an excellent product and quite cheap also.
Thanks mate I actually prefer the plisson type knots the tuxedo being just to dense for me.the mew brown may just be right in my wheelhouse