What do you have in the post right now?

Not shaving related - but I found a guy on ebay selling a Steelseries IceMat in mint condition. He let it go for $45. These things are a glass mouse mat and are extremely rare - I had one in Perth and hte ex wife probably destroyed it but these things are worth a fortune. Some have sold for over $400. It arrived just today :)

Ok so 24 hours back on the forum and I've got the bug again.
Just ordered a Razorock XXX and Irish Countryside from Razorock in USA.
Well. Why don’t you stop playing with your chopsticks, you might not have problem becoming a W.S.A.D (Wet Shaving Acquisition Disorder)

If Razorock is your thing try vshod.com. Local, and stock most of the Razorock range.
I had a look at their site and it is absolutely ugly and unfriendly to navigate. So until it's looking reasonable I won't go there.
Also they only accept paypal for payment. I could see no other option.

Edit: plus the products I wanted are sold out on their site.

Last edited:
I had a look at their site and it is absolutely ugly and unfriendly to navigate. So until it's looking reasonable I won't go there.
Also they only accept paypal for payment. I could see no other option.

I grabbed a 6S from there the other day, service is good but the site is shocking to say the least.

I grabbed a 6S from there the other day, service is good but the site is shocking to say the least.
Yeah. I think we are spoilt for good looking websites these days. So if a site looks poor then we are quick to go to another one.
For me, at least.

Ordered from Italian Barber

RazoRock Baby Smooth Double Edge Safety Razor - ELECTRIC BLUE
RazoRock Lupo DE Safety Razor - Black

Will RAD finally be cured? I fear not while there is so much temptation and enabling.

Haven't seen any Lupo reviews on P&C. Is it taboo to support such a blatant and unashamed replica?

RazoRock Lupo DE Safety Razor
The RazoRock Lupo safety razor has an interesting story. Many of our clients were frustrated because there is a very popular safety razor in the marketplace that is almost impossible to obtain. On top of that, these razors were selling for over $500 a pop! A good client then made an interesting proposal. He said to us, "If I send you one of these $500 razors, do you think you can make some under your RazoRock brand and sell them for a lot less than $500?" We hummed and hawed but eventually, we agreed. I received the razor and I shaved with it for a few weeks straight. It was an excellent shaver but had two characteristics I wasn't fond of. First, the DE blade tabs were exposed by a large amount making it easy to nick your ears or your nose. Second, because the head was mirror polished by hand, the tolerances were not the greatest, some area of the razor had been over-polished and the mating of the top cap and base plate were not to my satisfaction. Before producing it, we knew we had to correct these flaws. We decided to round the sides of the head in order to cover the blade tabs but not change the width of the safety bar where it contacts your skin, a nifty little solution. To make these razor accessible to everyone, the first run is CNC milled aluminum which allows us to sell the razor for under thirty bucks!

Ordered from Italian Barber

RazoRock Baby Smooth Double Edge Safety Razor - ELECTRIC BLUE
RazoRock Lupo DE Safety Razor - Black

Will RAD finally be cured? I fear not while there is so much temptation and enabling.

Haven't seen any Lupo reviews on P&C. Is it taboo to support such a blatant and unashamed replica?

RazoRock Lupo DE Safety Razor
The RazoRock Lupo safety razor has an interesting story. Many of our clients were frustrated because there is a very popular safety razor in the marketplace that is almost impossible to obtain. On top of that, these razors were selling for over $500 a pop! A good client then made an interesting proposal. He said to us, "If I send you one of these $500 razors, do you think you can make some under your RazoRock brand and sell them for a lot less than $500?" We hummed and hawed but eventually, we agreed. I received the razor and I shaved with it for a few weeks straight. It was an excellent shaver but had two characteristics I wasn't fond of. First, the DE blade tabs were exposed by a large amount making it easy to nick your ears or your nose. Second, because the head was mirror polished by hand, the tolerances were not the greatest, some area of the razor had been over-polished and the mating of the top cap and base plate were not to my satisfaction. Before producing it, we knew we had to correct these flaws. We decided to round the sides of the head in order to cover the blade tabs but not change the width of the safety bar where it contacts your skin, a nifty little solution. To make these razor accessible to everyone, the first run is CNC milled aluminum which allows us to sell the razor for under thirty bucks!
Looking forward to your thoughts on a Lupo.
There was an interesting article this subject I read recently, just can’t remember where. It made the point that most DE’s are using previous designs to some extent. Maybe I’d have more of a problem with the Lupo if it was Stainless but even then it wouldn’t have the famous finish of a Wolfman.
I have more of a problem with the cheap Chinese replica’s.

Read the same article, most modern razors originate from previous designs.
Definitely not the craftsmanship and finish of Wolfman or RS-10
Italian Barber have this disclaimer against the Baby Smooth.
If you are looking for or expecting jewel quality, this probably isn't the razor for you.

I've been using the Lupo for a few months now. Very smooth shaver, but there's definitely noticeable blade feel for its efficiency level... which I prefer anyway having used the H1 plate on the ATT Bronze Atlas as my main driver. That thing sings like a beauty, which I think is directly related to criticisms of blade chatter, which, having decently coarse growth doesn't seem to bother me (unless I'm going ATG but who in the right mind goes for BBS anyway... :sneaky:). A great shave is always achievable once you've mastered the technique for that particular razor. Yes some learning curves are much harder than others and yeah, you'll probably cut your face up along the way but at the end of the day a grail razor is one you've mastered yourself.

Now, mind you, I'd LOVE to put my name down for a Wolfman (or two) but four years of grad school coming up I think I need to begin therapy for the RAD/SAD/BAD/PAD....@todras's recent announcement is really unhelpful in this regard.

Mitchell's wool fat shaving soap in a oak dish.
I must be getting adventurous I've only used arko before.

https://www.connaughtshaving.com/index.htm
Paul
wp5afa546a-05-06.jpg

Last edited:
Sassin' frassin' Black Friday HEHEHE!

Enabled by Maggards 10% OFF

Murphy and McNeil Green Man Alcohol Free Aftershave Splash, 100ml - Menthol Free
Murphy and McNeil Green Man Artisan Shaving Soap Tallow and Duck Fat, 5.5oz - Aon Base
Soap Commander Vision Artisan Shaving Soap, 6oz
Soap Commander Vision Aftershave Balm, 4oz
Soap Commander Courage Artisan Shaving Soap, 6oz
Soap Commander Courage Aftershave Balm, 4oz