What does everyone use to pre-soak their brush

Mitcon

Thought it may be interesting if there's any soakers out there and to see what they use. I was using tiny a cup but this just turned up in the mail and is my new soaker, not very original but still kinda cool.

r2G0Mpz.jpg

Here's the tiny cup I was using.

ThR6Bq4.jpg

Maybe should be in the Brush section of forum but I've not worked my way to access it yet.

Last edited:
Most of my soap is smooshed into a mug that doubles as a soaking vessel. For soap that aren't in a mug or cream I use an old ceramic stilton pot.

The tub of soap im using generally

I don't soak Badger, Synthetic or Horsehair, I just run these under the tap for a few seconds before squeezing out most of the water. I only soak Boar for a few minutes and I rarely use a boar brush as I much prefer the other choices.

I soak them all just because I like the brush/lather kept warm is possible, but I find no real need with synthetic's. Looking at water uptake and weight synthetics absorb all the water they can within first 10 secs. I only use warm water but I will admit I only do it for a few minutes at best.

Was more just interested in what types of containers/receptacles if you soak you rest your brush in, for clarity lol.
Giles shaving co.

That's a really nice looker, I quite like earthenware.(y)